• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is that an AR on the left with a 30 rounds mag?

I thought they were banned in the city, with no exemptions whatsoever.

"AR-15s are banned in D.C. and we expect all who visit to adhere to our laws," Rachel Reid, a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police Department, told the Washington Free Beacon. "There will be no exemptions to this law."

Under current law in Washington, D.C., however, AR-15s are illegal to possess anywhere in the city. Washington requires that all firearms within the city be registered but does not allow the registration of so-called assault weapons, making them illegal. The city specifically includes AR-15s by name in its definition of an "assault weapon" as well as a number of other semiautomatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

I guess it's ok if you have a badge though.

Some anti-gun folks plan to bring AR-15s in front of the White House this month in order to destroy them.
    That should be interesting as it's a fellony in DC.But they probably won't get charged ike that guy who turned his AR into an illegal SBR to "destroy it". :popcorn:

MPD Says No Exemption to DC Gun Laws Will Be Made Despite March for Our Lives Plan to Bring AR-15s to White House as Part of Demonstration

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It doesn't really matter what they are issued. They are not trained to hit anything - only to make the weapon fire (unintentionally or intentionally - doesn't matter). If they miss the target in training enough times they will be pencil whipped so they pass. ( I have seen this done) Our Govt. feels that markmanship training is a waste of money. They believe that criminals will fall down and surrender as soon as they see that sharp uniform with starched striped trousers or those goofy SS hats they wear in NJ. Appearance is everything today. I still remember the USA Today photo of the D.C. cop crouched behind her patrol car with the magazine inserted into her "patrol rifle" BACKWARDS. How she got it in there like that is beyond me but she did. Maybe she loaded the rounds in the magazine backwards too so it would feed properly. "Highly trained professionals". You betcha......

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It doesn't really matter what they are issued. They are not trained to hit anything - only to make the weapon fire (unintentionally or intentionally - doesn't matter). If they miss the target in training enough times they will be pencil whipped so they pass. ( I have seen this done) Our Govt. feels that markmanship training is a waste of money. They believe that criminals will fall down and surrender as soon as they see that sharp uniform with starched striped trousers or those goofy SS hats they wear in NJ. Appearance is everything today. I still remember the USA Today photo of the D.C. cop crouched behind her patrol car with the magazine inserted into her "patrol rifle" BACKWARDS. How she got it in there like that is beyond me but she did. Maybe she loaded the rounds in the magazine backwards too so it would feed properly. "Highly trained professionals". You betcha......

I would have to disagree, appearance has gone by the wayside, there aren't too many sharp uniforms out there anymore (MSP still looks good), now it's fatigues with badges sewn on them in a lot of cases, grooming standards aren't even maintained in a lot of departments. I agree though NJ does look over the top.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having fired both the MP-5 and M-16, I'll take the M-16. Not taking anything away from the MP-5, but it is 9mm.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is that an AR on the left with a 30 rounds mag?

I thought they were banned in the city, with no exemptions whatsoever.

I guess it's ok if you have a badge though.

Some anti-gun folks plan to bring AR-15s in front of the White House this month in order to destroy them.
    That should be interesting as it's a fellony in DC.But they probably won't get charged ike that guy who turned his AR into an illegal SBR to "destroy it". :popcorn:

MPD Says No Exemption to DC Gun Laws Will Be Made Despite March for Our Lives Plan to Bring AR-15s to White House as Part of Demonstration

Just ask David Gregory how uneven DC's bans are. He broke federal law on national TV by waving around a 30rd AR mag and didnt get so much as a reprimand. You or I would just about be getting out of jail by now and be considered a prohibited person.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just ask David Gregory how uneven DC's bans are. He broke federal law on national TV by waving around a 30rd AR mag and didnt get so much as a reprimand. You or I would just about be getting out of jail by now and be considered a prohibited person.

I remember.

8314849466_793b56d766_z.jpg

You would be getting out of jail but I would be in Gitmo.

That's why I'm curious to see what will happen if people show up with ARs in front of the White House like those anti-gun folks plan to do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I remember.

8314849466_793b56d766_z.jpg

You would be getting out of jail but I would be in Gitmo.

That's why I'm curious to see what will happen if people show up with ARs in front of the White House like those anti-gun folks plan to do.

It depends. If they are anti-gun, they will get a pass.

If they are pro gun, officials will rain down the fury of hell on them for violating the law.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Your broad brush is pretty amazing. You overestimate your experience and it makes you look and sound like a fool to those who have a ****ing clue.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It depends. If they are anti-gun, they will get a pass.

If they are pro gun, officials will rain down the fury of hell on them for violating the law.

Pass or not there's still the possibility of them getting shot by the Secret Service if they wave their AR like idiots in front of the White House fence.

Top Bottom