A "Drum Roll"? It's a gun accessory....Any one care to guess what it is?????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I took off a 1/2 hour from my gun shop to go to another gun shop down the street to buy a S&W M&P ca 1950...(The "real" S&W M&P....Not the plastic one)....

I am slutty that way...It's not that I was cheating on my shop...It's just Gunaria picked me up a pair of cheesy, Franzite, plastic grips for a K frame Smith and I needed a re blued, period correct, shooter grade K frame to go with them....(I know...Spend $295 to get a gun to go with a $5 pair of grips...Makes sense...) and these guys had one for under $300....But enough about my shortcomings and weakness when it comes to vintage S&W shooter grade revolvers....

While I was filling out my 4473 a young lady came in, her female companion stayed out in the car.....

"Hey...I's lookin' for drum rolls...We from Chicago and been stopping at gun shops to buy drum rolls....."

"Uh....Indiucky?"

"I don't know what you're talking about ma'am sorry..."

"Me neither ma'am..."

"Yeah...Our boyfriends told us to find some...You all got any?"

"So you must be blessed living in Chicago....With all those gun laws I bet murder and crime are non existent there huh?" I said with a smile...

"Uh...Yeah sorta...."

Then she looked at an item on the wall and said, "There it is!!! A drum roll..."

The drum roll did not leave the shop.....So what was the "drum roll" INGO????

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Drum mag?

LOL...Yep....I never heard that term before....They had a pro mag 1911 drum magazine on the wall....

wm_4761851.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I never have either.
    But living here in Indy, and working on the East side at that, I probably have more of a chance of hearing it than you.

They're a long way from Chi Town to be in your area.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I never have either.
    But living here in Indy, and working on the East side at that, I probably have more of a chance of hearing it than you.

We get a lot of Chi traffic through here especially around Derby time. Get a lot of Indy bandana wearing folks too during that time. Years ago we had a shootout at a local hotel. Seems two rival Indy groups had booked the same hotel and the morning after Derby one of the gangs had setup a mobile car wash to clean their rides for the trip home. At some point the bullets starting flying. Only one injury we knew of, seems one of the shooters was firing down from a second floor balcony and shot himself in the foot ! Guess he didn't know the front sight rule.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

We're right off of I 65 and we get them in from time to time....The accent gives them away...About a year after I opened I had a pair come in...One from Chicago and his "buyer" an older gentleman from Indiana.....

Things went south quick when I told them I wouldn't sell them anything...(I had appraised an 870 he had brought in....) He slammed his fists on my counter and said, "WTF kind of business doesn't sell a gun to someone with money in hand???"

I told him he needed to leave and not come back...As he was leaving he said, "You better hope I don't come back MFer.."

In my best Deadwood Swearingen voice I said, "If you do c*** s****** you better pack a lunch..."

As they exited I prepared myself and told my wife as well as a customer to get down...Rather than loading his 870 and coming back in he threw it in the back seat and spun out of the parking lot....

Wife checked plates as they were leaving...Illinois...Guy was wearing a UK jacket and trying to act like he was from Kentucky....He didn't say "Louisville" right...That's always a dead give awy....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We get a lot of Chi traffic through here especially around Derby time. Get a lot of Indy bandana wearing folks too during that time. Years ago we had a shootout at a local hotel. Seems two rival Indy groups had booked the same hotel and the morning after Derby one of the gangs had setup a mobile car wash to clean their rides for the trip home. At some point the bullets starting flying. Only one injury we knew of, seems one of the shooters was firing down from a second floor balcony and shot himself in the foot ! Guess he didn't know the front sight rule.

I 'member that.....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I actually have found a 1911 mag in the trash can. I'm assuming whoever put it there just didn't like it or threw it away by accident, but I've ran a few hundred rounds through it with no problems.

Top Bottom