• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have amassed a fair amount of accessories and ammo which I do not really want. The problem is most items are not worth listing here or on armslist as the hassle of meeting or shipping for small dollar items outweighs the gain.

I am thinking about getting a table or two at the local show either in late March or more likely June to sell off the stuff. I might throw up to a half dozen guns on the table but it will mostly be a mish-mash of rimfire and AK ammo, low end scopes, holsters, magazines, etc. I was hoping for some feedback from INGO folks who are not FFL holders who have done the same.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Table costs can chew up a large part of your profits. I never consider my time at a show to be of any $ value. I'm there because I want to be there.

Watch your valuable items closely.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Tables are $50.00 which I don't think is too bad. I am not trying to make money per se, just want to get rid of stuff at a fair price. I look at it this way, if I sell two guns and drive an hour to meet FTF for each, that is about $20-$25 in gas alone.

I agree I am not going to try and monetize my time. It's a hobby, not a business for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good luck if you do it. I have seen many guys do the same as you, a few guns and then a bunch of knick knacks. The biggest problem is getting people's attention to stop and see what you have.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Set up with the idea of having FUN and MEETING people have a good time and maybe sell enough to pay table rent .Look as the cost of a Good entertainment day,you will meet lots of weird people and get some strange opinions . although some not so different than what you get on INGO

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Expat, walt o, that's what I have in mind. I have manned the Friends of NRA table selling raffle tickets many, many times and have a sense of the butt numbing effort involved. I will likely try to wrangle a friend into helping, or sharing a double table with another INGOer in town, to spread the work. I wish I could do it this month but there is no way I could get organized by then. If I do it it will be the June show.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Big deal, if he sells everything the first day, what are they gonna do if he jets, take away his birthday?

LOL. I don't think I've ever been to a show where a gun table has sold out all its doodads on day 1. Even if they were free. It could happen, I guess....if you dispensed only free beef jerky.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Actually, I think the o.p. may be better off trying this now, as opposed to 6 months ago.
    I hate to say it, but the latest school shooting has once again drawn out a lot of previous fence-sitters in the firearms ownership genre.

There are a LOT of first-time owners out there right now looking to accessorize all of their new acquisitions.
    They are the ones ;looking for the cheap holsters, mag holders...
    Go for it, but like someone else said, watch your valuable items VERY closely.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It's a hobby, not a business for me.

As long as you have that exact attitude, you will be fine at local gun shows. I quite doing them because for me its not a hobby. If you look at it as hanging out all weekend, and making a couple bucks your good. If you look at it as working all weekend, and making a couple bucks that's where things change.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I have amassed a fair amount of accessories and ammo which I do not really want. The problem is most items are not worth listing here or on armslist as the hassle of meeting or shipping for small dollar items outweighs the gain.

I am thinking about getting a table or two at the local show either in late March or more likely June to sell off the stuff. I might throw up to a half dozen guns on the table but it will mostly be a mish-mash of rimfire and AK ammo, low end scopes, holsters, magazines, etc. I was hoping for some feedback from INGO folks who are not FFL holders who have done the same.

If you have any rusty Chinese hand tools, the Bloomington show promoters will put you right on Boardwalk at their show.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you have any rusty Chinese hand tools, the Bloomington show promoters will put you right on Boardwalk at their show.
    Or take some of the purses out of the wife's closet and claim they are concealed carry purses.... that seems to take up more and more space lately.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I know the tables at the 1500 show are a hundred dollars because that's what we pay for them. As a local guy you should do fine and it's just your time being wasted. But it's the out-of-towners that come to the show and have five or six tables, plus helpers their paying, Hotel, food, gas, etc. That's where you're hoping your first day pays for all that.

Top Bottom