• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    At LGS yesterday when a 20 something loudly proclaimed that Glock was the first with the safe trigger. I laughed, pulled out my phone, and Googled Iver Johnson Safe Trigger. They were using it on their wheel guns as early as 1895. He then said " well they were the first with a striker fire." I showed him a pic of a 1908 Colt hammerless.

I didn't want to hurt the kids feelings but I bet he thinks twice before making a statement like that.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    At LGS yesterday when a 20 something loudly proclaimed that Glock was the first with the safe trigger. I laughed, pulled out my phone, and Googled Iver Johnson Safe Trigger. They were using it on their wheel guns as early as 1895. He then said " well they were the first with a striker fire." I showed him a pic of a 1908 Colt hammerless.

I didn't want to hurt the kids feelings but I bet he thinks twice before making a statement like that.

i doubt the thinking twice part. Some are set in their own alternate reality.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    HAHAHA! :lol2: That statement that everyone there knows them is a hilarious add on. Gonna have to use that the next time my punk asz nephew talks smack to me.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I recently chewed out a friend for letting me get away with such a ludicrous statement. I didn't know what I didn't know.
    As long as you're not a total ass about it, I'm way open to correction. I think (and I may be wrong ) lots of other people are, too.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I recently chewed out a friend for letting me get away with such a ludicrous statement. I didn't know what I didn't know.
    As long as you're not a total ass about it, I'm way open to correction. I think (and I may be wrong ) lots of other people are, too.

So, I can be a 95% ass and you will be OK with that? :):

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    So, I can be a 95% ass and you will be OK with that? :):
    As long as you can back it up.

My wife sometimes gets frustrated and growls "why do you always have to be right?!" to end our conversations. depending on how hard she stomps off, I may remind her that it's not that I have to be right, it just kinda happens that I am. I can back my statements up, if she thinks I'm wrong, she's more than welcome to prove it. Of course that's maddeningly unsatisfying because I just acknowledge it and move on.

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    As long as you can back it up.

My wife sometimes gets frustrated and growls "why do you always have to be right?!" to end our conversations. depending on how hard she stomps off, I may remind her that it's not that I have to be right, it just kinda happens that I am. I can back my statements up, if she thinks I'm wrong, she's more than welcome to prove it. Of course that's maddeningly unsatisfying because I just acknowledge it and move on.

Heh. My wife uses that line too. Thing is, being right comes from a lot of years of being wrong. You learn best (quickest) when someone corrects you. At least I do. No shame in that, as long as you own it.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    1903-8 colts are hammer fired ,Get your answers straight. You are as enlightened as the person you are correcting .

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    1903-8 colts are hammer fired ,Get your answers straight. You are as enlightened as the person you are correcting .

The Colt 1908 Hammerless .380 Pocket Pistol is hammer fired but the Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket .25 ACP is striker fired.

Top Bottom