• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Long shot, but here it goes. Would like to find someone within a reasonable driving distance of Fountain County that has a reproduction 1875 Schofield revolver that would let me get a hands on and with any luck, shoot one a few times.
    I am looking at purchasing one but with the price tag they have, I would like to make sure they are everything that I think they are. I picked one up at a gun show once but that was many years ago.
    Used ones on Arms List are $750-$800. New ones are $850-$1250, depending on finish and options and where you look.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have a Uberti in 45 Lc that you can test out... Come down in the Martinsvilles area.. HAve the range to do it...

Pro... Buy it now, you will love it... you can pretend your riding with Jessie James...

Con... Most of the ones I have ever seen tend to shoot to the right or the left alittle, to make the gun shoot 45 LC they had to
    remove the Gas Rings, and you will need to clean gun powder stains in front of the cylinder.

Cost to test..... bring a cool gun for me to shoot...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Indy 1919a4 has good advice, I'm partial to the Navy Arms Uberti versions. Have a 45 Colt, looking for a 44-40.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a Uberti in 45 Lc that you can test out... Come down in the Martinsvilles area.. HAve the range to do it...

Pro... Buy it now, you will love it... you can pretend your riding with Jessie James...

Con... Most of the ones I have ever seen tend to shoot to the right or the left alittle, to make the gun shoot 45 LC they had to
    remove the Gas Rings, and you will need to clean gun powder stains in front of the cylinder.

Cost to test..... bring a cool gun for me to shoot...

That sounds great, Sir. I will PM you on a time that I could come over. Thank you.

Top Bottom