• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    Stopped by Big R in Warsaw today and wandered through their firearms section. There on the counter, next to the sign honoring police officers and other public servants by offering a discount was a similar sign extending their discount to teachers and school employees.

Because I am a teacher, I inquired. The lady spoke with sincerity as she said that teachers and schools are getting a lot of critical attention and that they wanted to show support.

Wow. They didn’t have to do that. It’s very thoughtful.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    VERY NICE!! Glad to see something positive coming from a retail establishment.

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    Stopped by Big R in Warsaw today and wandered through their firearms section. There on the counter, next to the sign honoring police officers and other public servants by offering a discount was a similar sign extending their discount to teachers and school employees.

Because I am a teacher, I inquired. The lady spoke with sincerity as she said that teachers and schools are getting a lot of critical attention and that they wanted to show support.

Interesting! How much is the discount?

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    The discount is “up to” 10%. The sales lady mentioned that on some items where their [profit] margin was too thin they could not allow 10% but would give the greater of the advantages to the buyer.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you sign up for their rewards card, you also get a certificate at the beginning of each year that is a rebate based on a percentage of your annual purchases from the prior year. You just hand them your card when you check out and they enter your number so they can track your rewards. I found mine in my wallet today and remembered I need to use it before the end of April.

I love shopping at their store.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    First time seeing a Big R store was on an assignment in Billings.
    Dang near bought me a RCMP 1876 Model. What a fine store that was.

Bburrows04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2018
    COLUMBUS

That is awesome! I didn't even realize Big R's were still around. The one in my home town shut down years ago and was replaced by a Rural King.

Top Bottom