• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    My dad just got this set up in his garage. It's pretty awesome, other then being loud. The trap is from Acreage Bullet Catch by Ocken We also built an 8" sandbox to go behind it in case someone throws one. Have only put about 50 rounds of 9mm though it so far so good.

96g4cm.jpg

el62x0.jpg

2u5z0ba.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Very cool.
    Yes bullet traps are loud, the first time I fired an MP5SD, was at an indoor trap. I thought it would be hearing safe, I was wrong.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Very cool setup. Yeah, shooting in a garage can be hard on the hearing. I took some training with a guy who had a shooting area in his pole barn. He had found some old railroad ties and stacked them to the ceiling. I can't remember if he has one or two rows, but nothing went through. There was some smoke from a couple smoldering rounds, but that was the only hiccough.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Very cool setup. Yeah, shooting in a garage can be hard on the hearing. I took some training with a guy who had a shooting area in his pole barn. He had found some old railroad ties and stacked them to the ceiling. I can't remember if he has one or two rows, but nothing went through. There was some smoke from a couple smoldering rounds, but that was the only hiccough.

Wouldn't wood become less effective the more its shot?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Wouldn't wood become less effective the more its shot?

Maybe. I'm not too sure. Those railroad ties were old. I'm not saying that they're like petrified wood or anything, but I'm sure the decades of being under rail cars probably helped compact them as much as possible. Plus, they're really thick, and that helps. Not too sure of what kind of wood it is either. That definitely makes a difference, too.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Looks like fun and would save me from dialing in loads at the range. I would be burning it up in there!

Besides costing too much I wouldn't want anyone seeing that and knowing I have firearms. Wouldn't want anyone else shooting at it. Put money on someone shooting the toolbox and or building. Space burgler too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom