• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    New rifle, new scope that I'm needing to zero. Would like to zero at 50 - 100 yards. Any ranges other than Wilbur Wright that anyone knows of? A bench to shoot off of would be preferred. I can go to WW range but the last time I was out there (over a year ago), it wasn't a great experience and safety due to some of the clientele was the issue. Don't know if it matters but the rifle caliber is .300 blackout on an AR platform and scope is Vortex Stike Eagle 1-6x24 picked up from AA Optics.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Indy Arms Company isn't too far. Keystone and 52nd. Nice facility. You have to buy your centerfire ammo from them though. The range is only 25 yards, but if you zero with your shot 1" below your POA, you'd be pretty close.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I saw a new shooting range advertised on television. I believe it was in New Castle ,Indiana.
    I know it advertised an indoor shooting range- I don't know if your rifle would be acceptable there or not...

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    WW is hit or miss. Last time I was there, there was an awesome RSO. He talks to everyone as they come in and tells them the rules. He keeps an eye out on all the ranges. The other guy, who I only saw sit in his truck, hasn't been there in a while.

The range G19 is referring to, if I'm not mistaken, is Victory Range and Armory (by 70 and SR3). I've not used their rifle range, but the pistol range is the best I've ever been to!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    VRA sounds promising but their rifle range only goes out to 25 yards. If I'm going to drive to New Castle I'll try my luck at WW for free and be able to run 50 yards.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    New rifle, new scope that I'm needing to zero. Would like to zero at 50 - 100 yards. Any ranges other than Wilbur Wright that anyone knows of? A bench to shoot off of would be preferred. I can go to WW range but the last time I was out there (over a year ago), it wasn't a great experience and safety due to some of the clientele was the issue. Don't know if it matters but the rifle caliber is .300 blackout on an AR platform and scope is Vortex Stike Eagle 1-6x24 picked up from AA Optics.

You're really going to like that Strike Eagle and BDC reticle, Adam. Planning a visit to Bass and Bucks later this spring to take advantage of their distances and arrow some 3D targets.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I ended up going out to WW last Wednesday. Trip was good and ended up getting the scope zeroed in about 9 shots. Shot the remainder of the box and I was impressed with both the rifle and scope. Last 3 shot group could be covered with a quarter and all in or touching the bulls eye ring. Would post a few pics but I don't have a 3rd party hosting app/sight anymore.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I ended up going out to WW last Wednesday. Trip was good and ended up getting the scope zeroed in about 9 shots. Shot the remainder of the box and I was impressed with both the rifle and scope. Last 3 shot group could be covered with a quarter and all in or touching the bulls eye ring. Would post a few pics but I don't have a 3rd party hosting app/sight anymore.

If you ever want to give Old Trails in Richmond a shot let me know. We can take guests anytime. The first outdoor range has targets at 25, 50, 100 yards, the second is 200 yards, the third is 300 yards (takes priority over the other ranges only on certain days and times). All are covered. Club meetings are the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm if you are interested.

Range website:
    https://www.otrpc.com

More that I wrote up for someone else a short while ago, posts #14 & 16:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nges/450101-looking-new-home.html#post7433016

Not sure what your 300 is but I have a 8.5" AR pistol I can bring along if you want to do a comparison.

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    VRA is a very fun place to shoot, its only 25yd for rifle, but the video targets make it like an arcade with real guns, they're opening a 270 degree bay for classes as well. It's a nice change if you get bored of regular ranges.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Lets see if this works...

Rifle:
    JeuwHar.jpg

All shots:
    8T0HEys.jpg

Final 3 shot group:
    a3HmMhO.jpg

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The Quakertown range on the north end of Brookville Lake is a pretty nice range. It's a DNR facility and they have a RSO. I worked there several years ago you could shoot anything other than full auto. They are closed to the general public on Mondays for law enforcement use and qualifications.

kings650

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Terre Haute Sporting Clays has rifle range that goed upto 150yds. Very basic setups but still tons of fun

Top Bottom