• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    FBI and Ithaca Police Find AR-15, Bomb-Like Devices in Former Cornell Student?s Apartment | The Cornell Daily Sun

Walmart alerted Ithaca Police last week that Reynolds had been purchasing large quantities of ammunition at the store on Route 13, and Ithaca Police, State Police and FBI agents responded to Reynolds’ apartment on the night of March 7, where they later received Reynolds’ consent to search the apartment.

Other stuff about the case is fishy as well, but this is the part that stuck out to me. Apparently Walmart's corporate activism doesn't stop at arbitrary age limits and gun bans. Buy "too much" ammo and you get SWAT at your door.

Guy supposedly had "bomb-like" material and a "homemade suppressor".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I see nothing wrong with anything in that article. For some reason Wal-Mart thought something was strange with the guy making the purchase, and they reported their suspicions to the authorities. The authorities, checked into it, and received consent to search the person's apartment. They found a number of illegal things. So what's the problem. There shouldn't be any, unless one believes this Wal-Mart location is in the habit of regularly informing the authorities on people who simply purchase ammo.

Also, SWAT... at least in my experience, don't ask for consent.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't so much the number of rounds as much as it was the "intangibles ".
    If we're going to complain about law enforcement being contacted numerous times about the Florida shooter and doing nothing, then complaining about this seems more than a little disingenuous.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I see nothing wrong with anything in that article. For some reason Wal-Mart thought something was strange with the guy making the purchase, and they reported their suspicions to the authorities. The authorities, checked into it, and received consent to search the person's apartment. They found a number of illegal things. So what's the problem. There shouldn't be any, unless one believes this Wal-Mart location is in the habit of regularly informing the authorities on people who simply purchase ammo.

Also, SWAT... at least in my experience, don't ask for consent.

Christos!!

Buy some damn punctuation!! Spaces and hit the ****ing return bar occasionally!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The alleged Florida shooter actually committed crimes.

This is pure PRECRIME.

The article states he had someone make a straw purchase for him. If the investigation uncovered this before the arrest then I would have no problem.

Was he actually a prohibited person? I would have no problem with the arrest.

Was he barricaded in his apartment, or did he leave occasionally to go to Walmart? Why escalate to SWAT with SCARY ARs knocking on his door.

So much fail here.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't so much the number of rounds as much as it was the "intangibles ".
    If we're going to complain about law enforcement being contacted numerous times about the Florida shooter and doing nothing, then complaining about this seems more than a little disingenuous.

That may be but the article doesn't mention any other suspicions by Walmart other than 'large quantities'. What was the threshold for a large quantity? If I have an extra 100.00 and go in and buy five of the hundred packs of 9mm to add to my ammo can is that going to get the police called now? If he was talking to his imaginary friend or making threats like the FL shooter than it seems appropriate and it looks like things worked out.

Bravo619

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    Tulsa
    Christos!!

Buy some damn punctuation!! Spaces and hit the ****ing return bar occasionally!!
    Look out it’s a bust everyone slit!
    e237105465d7747305ad8f38318ca3e5.jpg
    6d74184f8623df4883e93af9250140b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom