• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    I want to pick up a Scorpion pistol to put a brace on it but also am thinking of an AR9 or AK47? It will just be range gun. If I go scorpion possible home defense. Pros and cons of the scorpion vs. Ak?

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I want to pick up a Scorpion pistol to put a brace on it but also am thinking of an AR9 or AK47? It will just be range gun. If I go scorpion possible home defense. Pros and cons of the scorpion vs. Ak?
    I had the Scorpion. I found it awkward and heavy. I like my AK47 much better. Traded tohe Scorpion for a new Sig P229 in 9mm.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    The scorpion is heavy with no real personality. I built myself an AK pistol, then had an uncontrollable and losing battle with buying an MP5 clone pistol.

keep in mind, AK pistols are LOUD, I’d wager you will get hearing damage from one in a HD situation, honestly I would pick up both the AK pistol (if buying factory stay with the cugir (romanian) draco or the yugo made pistols) and the AR9, but I’m biased and enjoy both types of firearm equally

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have a Scorpion with a SB brace. I like it. Like it alot. A ak pistol has ridiculous amount of noise and concussion. Not ideal in a home scenario. The Scorpion is cheaper to shoot. Scorpion mags are slightly more expensive than AK mags but the cheaper cost of the 9mm ammo outweighs that. I find myself taking the Scorpion out everytime I go to the range.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    AK more for the range and Scorpion more for home defense.

Buy the Scorpion first to fill in home defense needs. Get an AK second because it can get you hooked on the AK world and down a wonderful and expensive path. You're looking at two calibers with rather different roles so I'd say eventually get both.

If triggers are an issue and you don't want to mess with changing parts out then go with the AK. I personally like the stock trigger on my Scorpion pistol but that's just me. Scorpions have become a 'make it your own' venture if that's what you're in to.

And if weight is going to be an issue with a gun you'll likely only shoot at a range in a controlled environment with no time constraint then start working out.

If you have any intentions of shooting competitively then yes weight will matter and my vote would be the AR9.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I am a fan of the Scorpion, but ended up picking up the MPX and SBRing it. Regardless of what you pick up, supress it! It's well worth the wait for the can and so much fun to shoot 147 grains out of a suppressed 9 carbine!

Top Bottom