• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    First of all, Congratulations to the Purdue Rifle & Pistol Club for placing 3rd in the Western Intercollegiate Rifle Conference Championships last month! This year's Conference Championships were held at Purdue's Armory and attended by schools as far away as Georgia and North Dakota. Well Done Boilers! :rockwoot:

This upcoming weekend, the rifle team will be heading down to Ft. Benning, GA for the Collegiate Rifle National Championships!

Boiler Up!

Best wishes for a successful and safe trip!

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Maybe I’ll get to see the Purdue team this weekend. I am also going to Ft. Benning for an ASA national archery tournament. Even though I am a Hoosier fan, I’ll root for the Boilers.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Congrats to the team.
    does purdue have any action pistol/rifle teams or clubs? steel speed shooting?

They're lucky to still be able to shoot .22s in the armory. The Rifle & Pistol club got pushed out of their old range in the Co-Rec and have to piggyback on the ROTC's facility now. Trap & Skeet has fared better, but they're a significant distance off-campus (out of sight, out of mind).

Keep it up, boiler bangers!

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Poke, I commented on the Purdue Team's Facebook page about their trip. Having received no response, I would like to ask you: Is there nothing that the area community can do to help support these programs?

They had to cancel IM practices this week because the coaches were headed south with the team.

Damn. I mean there sure are a lot of us locally-ish that can run an airgun range.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Just returned from an outstanding weekend down in Fort Benning, GA, where the team finished a respectable 4th in both the small-bore and air-rifle competitions at the 2018 NRA Intercollegiate Rifle Club Championships. It was an impressive sight to witness teams from all over the nation compete. And a special award from the NRA for 2018's Distinguished College Coach to our own coach Keith "Doc" Adams. Congratulations Coach! And also, our Club Advisor, Coach Mike was awarded the 2018 Outstanding Service Award. Congratulations, Mike!

Way to go BOILERS!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm impressed that Purdue allows the rifle team to continue.

It also reminds us that the current president of Rose-Hulman killed their very strong rifle club program and offered only half truths and nonsense as justification. They had a range purposely built for them when the new athletic facilities were built, but the president apparently deems shooting as unseemly. *******.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Yep. I found it very sad that the championship trophy had the winning school's names fastened to the bottom of the trophy, ala the Borg-Warner trophy from the Indy 500. Indiana, Ohio State, Purdue, etc. were all there at one time. Hopefully Purdue will be there once more.

The Boilers are VERY fortunate in having Mitch Daniels as their president. And also VERY fortunate in having support from the state's First Lady.

Krazkurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    Danvers
    ol' poke,
    Thank you for the Pm unfortunately I cant respond to it since I am a new member.is it possible to e-mail me?
    just add Gmail.com or if you can pm me Doc's info. Thanks again for your help
    Kurt
    CIPS Coach

Top Bottom