• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattdville16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2016
    Lizton
    How does everyone like the P320? what are the pros/cons?
    Never personally owned one but do have a few friends with them. I feel sig in general is a little pricey but after shooting my friends I will say I was impressed with how they shoot very easy to group at several distances. I’m not use to striker fire but the trigger was deff predictable every time.

Bburrows04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2018
    COLUMBUS
    They are kind of pricey, I do like them a lot though. I have had 3 so far. I have a P229 now which I do not care much for the trigger but love the gun. I also have a 938 which I feel IMO the trigger is great and it shoots awesome.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have the P320 RX. I bought it to be a EDC gun. However, it rarely finds its way out of the EDC safe. I find it to be a bit heavy with a high bore axis making it feel top heavy too. I shoot it well and I love the Romeo optic on it. However, even after I got the trigger fixed by Sig, I just can't seem to want to carry it over my G19 or CZ P10C.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have some and like them. I think the trigger is better than most of the other plastic striker fired pistols. It also points more naturally for me. The subcompact carries pretty nice. The compact isn't bad, not much bigger than the G19. The full size or carry models are pretty hard to conceal unless you are wearing some serious clothes over them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I own 2, both 9mm and both compacts, the trigger and reset are better than both the glock gen 3/4 and the smith m&p gen 1 and the 320 is the same price as the glock gen3 and m&p 1.0

ive spent over 150.00 on my glock 19 gen 3 to get the trigger to feel better than the p320, in fact, at one time both the p320 and the glock were in my daily rotation of carry guns, and after shooting the sig, I unloaded the glock, and don't carry it anymore, and I wont buy another glock.

in fact, the reason I have 2 p320's I won the 1st at a fnra raffle (for 20 bucks), I had planned on taking my glock to trade for a p320 the next day. and as for the second p320, I won it in a raffle at our gun club meeting (it was 40 bucks), in fact I had 5 others I could have chosen, including a glock 42 and a glock 36, I thought to myself, id rather have 2 identical p320's that I like, than 2 glocks I don't like.

my comment will tick off the glock people, but to each their own. opinions are like hemorrhoids, sooner or later every a**h**e has one. and I'm giving you my opinion

(oh and ive spent some money on improving the trigger on my 320's but not as much as I spent on my glock!)

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have (3) P320 platform guns. (1) P320 full size & (2) P320 X5's. All have seen several thousand rounds of ammo with only a single FTF (due to WWB missing a primer). All three of mine are pre-"upgrade". I wouldn't hesitate to get another in a heartbeat. If money was no object, I would pick-up an XCarry to see how I liked that as a carry piece.

Pros
    Accurate
    Reliable
    Modular System - Swap frames/slide lengths, grip shells, calibers, etc... all with the same fire control unit (technically the "firearm"). All other parts can be bought online and shipped.

Cons
    A little pricey compared to other polymer, striker-fired guns
    "Upgrade" has probably hurt resale value on the used market

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The only issue I had with mine was owning a PPQ at the same time. The only strength I found the P320 has over he PPQ was being a softer shooter. Ended up being quite frustrated with the 320. Sold it to a friend who enjoys yes it until he picked up a VP9 and ended up with similar conclusions that I did.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Cons
    Fires when dropped
    Cannot cycle FMJ ammo reliably

first hand experience, or something you read on the internet?

cause I have real world, hands on experiance with 2-p320's, and haven't had 1 problem with either, double feeds or even dropping one (in fact, I make it a habit not to drop any gun) and all I've fired has been 115 grain fmj ammo, they've been used in competition, carried daily, and never not one problem!

as for the whole "cannot cycle fmj ammo reliably" bull s**t if it was a problem then why did this happen
    BREAKING: USMC To Adopt Modular Handgun System - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The first time I shot the Sig P320 at a corporate shooting event, I was underwhelmed. I moved on with my life and kept shooting my Beretta 92 or my Glock 17.

Then, coincidentally at another corporate shooting event, I got the chance to shoot the Sig P320 X-Five. It was a night and day difference to me. Where the P320 was just kind of blah (not bad, just not that interesting to differentiate it from any other modern striker gun), the X-Five had a better trigger, better balance, and was just a lot more pleasant to shoot. I liked it enough that I went out and bought a used one. Even after the hassle of the "voluntary upgrade" program (and Sig cheaping out and not even offering a free extra mag or something for the trouble), I still really like my X-Five. I need to hunt down a threaded barrel for it, so I can run my suppressors on it.

Now, it's also a fairly large gun in the X-Five configuration and certainly not a daily carry (for that, I have my Glock 42).

Anyway, so there you go. That's my opinion and it's worth about what anyone else's is... not much.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    . Even after the hassle of the "voluntary upgrade" program (and Sig cheaping out and not even offering a free extra mag or something for the trouble), .

I got a 2-25% discount coupons for a purchase from the sig online store (one for each of my 320's)

one I used on a 10.5 inch pistol upper they have on clearance (299.00 -25% + tax free shipping=239.94 delivered), and I'm thinking of buying an xcarry frame with the other, i'd have already orderd it, but I need to buy new mags for it, and my company screwed me last year, so I owe the state of Indiana a thousand dollars, (I have compacts and need full size mags for the xcarry frame)

the frame would be 44.25 plus shipping (no free shipping till you place a 100.00 order)

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I like mine and shoot it well. The only ammunition issues I ever had with it were with Freedom Munitions ammo (inconsistent loads, it seemed) and I didn't have another 9mm weapons to try the ammo in at the time (and I've stopped ordering from there since finding targetsportsusa). I've run a lot of cheapo Perfecta ammo through it with no issues, my SD ammo and a variety of other FMJ ammo have run cleanly, as well. Everyone who has shot my 320 has liked it.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Cons
    Fires when dropped
    Cannot cycle FMJ ammo reliably

Huh? The drop fire is a known issue, which is being addressed with a free upgrade from Sig. Even with it, I threw mine around cocked to see if it would go off and it didn't. You have to hit it just right. As for not cycling FMJ ammo reliably... wow... that's a first I've ever heard. I've only ran about 500 rounds through mine so far, but it hasn't had a failure yet.

Back onto topic, I really like mine. It's much more accurate than my Glock to me and once a trigger kit is released to drop the pull weight down, I'm sure I'll like it just as much if not better than my Glock. I sold my CZ to help justify the cost of it and I don't have a single regret about it. The trigger is a little heavier than I tend to like, but it breaks clean and has a decent reset for a factory trigger. I upgraded to the Apex flat faced trigger itself which helps a bit for now. I recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    first hand experience, or something you read on the internet?

cause I have real world, hands on experiance with 2-p320's, and haven't had 1 problem with either, double feeds or even dropping one (in fact, I make it a habit not to drop any gun) and all I've fired has been 115 grain fmj ammo, they've been used in competition, carried daily, and never not one problem!

as for the whole "cannot cycle fmj ammo reliably" bull s**t if it was a problem then why did this happen
    BREAKING: USMC To Adopt Modular Handgun System - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

If you say you will never drop your gun, then you're not very well trained...

As far as issues. There are lots of issues still going on within the Army

https://sofrep.com/98976/dod-evaluation-says-armys-new-sig-sauer-p320-service-pistol-riddled-issues/

Why are the Marines going to it? Remember a few years ago they went with an outdated platform with a 1911. Not the brightest crayon in the box... they already ate the bright ones

And you carry it daily but have never fired a hollow point through it? Have you been eating crayons or sniffing glue?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If you say you will never drop your gun, then you're not very well trained...

As far as issues. There are lots of issues still going on within the Army

https://sofrep.com/98976/dod-evaluation-says-armys-new-sig-sauer-p320-service-pistol-riddled-issues/

Why are the Marines going to it? Remember a few years ago they went with an outdated platform with a 1911. Not the brightest crayon in the box... they already ate the bright ones

And you carry it daily but have never fired a hollow point through it? Have you been eating crayons or sniffing glue?

I have fired hollow points(115 grain critical defense to be specific), the 115 fmj grain bullets are what the government uses,and that's the only fmj's that ive shot (I haven't shot 124 or 147 grain fmj)
    if I need to drop my weapon, it'll be after its empty, and I used it as a club to beat my attacker to death!, in what situation are you trained in that forces you to drop a gun???????
    the article you linked to was written in January.....the article I liked to was written last week! so your saying that the corp, is stupid enough to buy guns knowing theres problems with them?
    speaking of that, I know a few, and I dare you say they eat crayons!, cause you'll end up on eating applesauce through a straw

and as for dropping it, I have had the safety upgrade, just like every gun the military issues, remember its voluntary

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know a few too and they will admit to eating crayons.
    If the police tell me to drop my gun as a civilian then I'm immediately without hesitation going to drop it. I carry a glock or a shield or both. I have no fear they will discharge like sigs will. So the police won't have any reason to shoot

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm wondering if anyone who has shot a 320 could compare the trigger to an M&P with the Apex trigger. I have a 1.0 M&P and the trigger is fine. I got the chance to hold the Sig and I was impressed with the grip as well as the trigger. Right now I'm undecided between picking up the 320 or going with the S&W Apex upgrade and calling it good.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know a few too and they will admit to eating crayons.
    If the police tell me to drop my gun as a civilian then I'm immediately without hesitation going to drop it. I carry a glock or a shield or both. I have no fear they will discharge like sigs will. So the police won't have any reason to shoot

some p320's might discharge if dropped from higher than 4 feet, at a negative 30 degree angle, onto a hard surface.

and fyi https://secure05.lwcdirect.com/fron...inType=skipWelcome&clientID=742&campaignID=63

and be careful if you drop your glock, you might break the sights

yes sig has done a voluntary safety recall, can you name one gun manufacturer who hasn't? (even glock has had a few recalls)

Top Bottom