Phosphorescent backed bullets leave glowing laser trail... Awesome.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pretty cool video from The Late Boy Scout. These rounds can only be seen from behind (by you)... and aren't incendiary.

*pew pew pew pew*

HelpfulBewitchedBagworm-max-14mb.gif

[video=youtube;mI2Wxlp99uY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2Wxlp99uY[/video]

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Holy crap that’s awesome and ingenious! Well that would solve one of Murphy’s laws of combat; tracers work both ways haha

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I wonder how much is left in the barrel and how cleaning would be changed?

Since the phosphor coating material on the base of the bullet uses the light from the gunpowder burning to make it glow and does not burn or come in contact with the barrel, I wouldn't expect it to require any extra cleaning at all.

Years ago I fired a few boxes of 9mm Hornady Vector tracers which do use a material that burns and I don't recall any extra cleaning for those.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Streak Visual Ammunition - Ammo Inc.

"Unlike conventional tracers, STREAK rounds are NOT an incendiary, they don`t use burning metals to generate light. Replacing fire-hazard burning metals is a non-flammable phosphor material that utilizes the light emitted during the discharging of the round to make STREAK glow. STREAK does NOT generate heat, making STREAK rounds safe to use in environments where traditional tracers are prohibited and can be a serious fire hazard.

The glowing material used is applied only to the aft end of the projectile, making it only visible to the shooter and those within a 30-degree viewing window. Military and law enforcement appreciate that unlike conventional tracers STREAK`s glow is not visible to the target."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is great to know. I might have to check into somewhere i can buy these. Are they for sale to the general public?

Not to be a jerk, but if you would have followed the link above your post (Thanks gmcttr), you would have an answer to your question.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'd love to see this stuff in .357 or .44mag.

Guess I'll just have to wait until it catches on and they can expand their offerings. :(

Top Bottom