• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That is a Mosin Nagant. If I recall Remington did make some, but they would have been chambered in 7.62 x 54R for the Russians.

I'd have to see more to see if it was any good. It has been Bubba'd, bad...:crying::crying::crying:

Doug

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Just a sporterized M91, maybe made by Remington. It could be worth restoring at that price but nowhere near enough info to tell for sure.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I don't think the seller knows what he has. Remington and a company called Westinghouse did produce Mosin rifles for Czarist Russia. After the takeover of the Bolsheviks they did not purchase the remaining batch of rifles. The federal government purchased the remainder and converted some of them to 30-06. The NRA acquired them and sold them to civilians. This could be one converted to 30-06 and then sporterized. It would still be valuable to collectors because the NRA rifles do not have import marks or SA markings (which indicate ownership by the Finnish army).
    I may have to contact this seller just to get more pics

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I also recall that the Remington and Westinghouse M91s were made during World War I, which puts them this side of 1898, thus NOT exempt from being regulated as firearms as the ad seems to imply.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    These come up on GB every now and then, always listed as rare (they're not), and almost always sporterized.

Could be rechambered, could be the seller's got no clue. I'd wager on the latter, given the sock-clad foot in the photo.

Top Bottom