• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Dot Shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Central Michigan
    just stuck a williams fiberoptic front sight post on the old girl, my camera quality is trash but it looks like it will work well for its purpose. Will be testing it at the range in a week or so.
    HPIM0387.JPG
    HPIM0388.JPG
    HPIM0386.JPG

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    That should help when aiming.

That said, I kept my Russkie refurb as is because I like the history behind the weapon.

Given the restrictive gun laws in several states now, I'm kinda surprised no one is manufacturing the SKS here in the States. Remove the bayonet and it becomes compliant with just about every law on the books. They're certainly getting more rare and more expensive than the SKS glory days of the '90s.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's interesting.

The front sight post on mine seems to have no tension on it whatsoever. I can spin it by hand.

Red Dot Shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Central Michigan
    I know the feeling, but yea when I bought the sks It had some nasty glossy paint on the front sight, so I scraped it off and it left behind this glossy junk, making finding the front sight in low light impossible.

Red Dot Shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Central Michigan

That said, I kept my Russkie refurb as is because I like the history behind the weapon.

Given the restrictive gun laws in several states now, I'm kinda surprised no one is manufacturing the SKS here in the States. Remove the bayonet and it becomes compliant with just about every law on the books. They're certainly getting more rare and more expensive than the SKS glory days of the '90s.

forgot I have to quote to make this crap work properly. been awhile sence I was in a forum
    I know the feeling, but yea when I bought the sks It had some nasty glossy paint on the front sight, so I scraped it off and it left behind this glossy junk, making finding the front sight in low light impossible.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel

Agreed, a fixed 10 rounder is a good insurance policy in case you find yourself in the wrong state. Infuriating that some want to outlaw detachable mags.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    Let us know how it holds up, I got a 5 pack of the different colored fiber optic posts from Amazon. Don't remember brand, the performance was less than stellar. They weren't very vivid once you got on target
    And the plastic post wasn't real tight in the threaded hole.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom