• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Because there is no need for a civilian to have a military full semi auto....just kidding! I sold it because I need the funds to buy a better one!

I’ve got about $1600 to spend on an AR. I don’t need anything super high speed and fancy, but I do want an AR platform with no special proprietary parts. I would prefer a factory AR opposed to building one, and gas over piston.

Ive never had a real problem with my cheaper AR’s but some friends and I are joining a league this year and I plan to shoot a lot of rounds and I know the chances of something going bad is higher with my cheap home build.

I want a gun gun that can be shot like crazy and have the least chance of failure. I’m open to just about all suggestions, but I’m currently looking at an LWRC and an FN DMR 2. I really like the FN but I can’t find much about it and that concerns me.

Thoughts?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    LWRC's are full of proprietary kit aren't they? Maybe that is only the piston versions. At that price I would want a barrett rec7 di gen2. They are super nice, reliable, and extremely well built with no gimmicky nonsense. But they get a lot of hate for being overpriced mainly from people who have only seen them online or on a rack. They are sweet shooters. You have a lot of good options in that price range.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm in the BCM camp here too. If you get one right you should have a fair chunk of change to put towards a nice optic.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    LWRC=Proprietary, LMT CQB=Proprietary also extremely heavy(excellent rifle, but HEAVY)
    Bravo Company Manufacturing you’ll get non proprietary parts, and enough extra cash for ammo and or accessories, and have a military + grade tool that will be with you for awhile.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Our company US headquarters is in Hartland, WI and I have been going there for years. It is a small town of 9,000 people and also happens to be where BCM is located. I have often thought of finding BCM and trying to arrange a tour.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have never owned LWRC or LMT. What parts are proprietary?
    LMT CQB is a monolithic upper, with a quick-change barrel/gas sytem which is proprietary
    LWRC, almost all the lower parts are proprietary since it is a true ambi lower, safety, bolt catch, etc I believe the receiver extension(buffer tube) and stock are as well?, and the forearm/barrel nut is also proprietary. Bolt carrier is also proprietary.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a factory built Daniel Defense M4A1 I'm gonna sell. 14.5" with the factory pinned and welded DD muzzle break. Has the anodized brown socom quad rail. Basicly it's as close as you get to the rifle socom fields without it being full auto. Just throwing it out there since you are looking for quality.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    EuroOptic has thr Barrett Rec7 Gen2 piston with all the goodies for $1770. Thats about $500 off the norm. Seen the add on gun.deals today. A friend and I bought 1 each about a year and a half ago and we both think theyre well worth the normal price let alone 500 off. Well worth looking at.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    EuroOptic has thr Barrett Rec7 Gen2 piston with all the goodies for $1770. Thats about $500 off the norm. Seen the add on gun.deals today. A friend and I bought 1 each about a year and a half ago and we both think theyre well worth the normal price let alone 500 off. Well worth looking at.

I had a chance to handle a REC 7 in a local shop. I hesitated and didn't buy it. Figure I would go back and work a possible trade. It was gone!

Another nice looking gun was the POF Renigade. Wouldn't change a thing. Shoot it and shoot it and shoot it.

Being the bottom fell out of the AR market afraid I am stuck with what I got.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Just bought a BCM M-Lock upper. BCM seems joined at the hip with key mod. Don't buy a keymod upper. Get M-Lock. Got BCM enhanced LPK with the PNT trigger. INGO lower. I feel like this will be a very solid set up.

I would avoid anything proprietary like the plague.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just bought a BCM M-Lock upper. BCM seems joined at the hip with key mod. Don't buy a keymod upper. Get M-Lock. Got BCM enhanced LPK with the PNT trigger. INGO lower. I feel like this will be a very solid set up.

I would avoid anything proprietary like the plague.
    BCM was a huge proponent of keymod, they have, since M-Lok was adopted by SOCOM for all its new weapons platforms, started offering their own M-Lok front ends and accessories. I believe you will see less and less keymod as this progresses forward, at least until something cooler is introduced. As far as your purchases, as long as you assemble the lower correctly, you have all the best parts available to make a great rifle.

Top Bottom