• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    No bet. I would like to see how the village enforces this. Absent a search warrant, they will have a hard time establishing who has and who does not have the weapons in question. Besides, some well-meaning individual will probably sue the pants off the village and win.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Morton Grove, IL, another Chicago area village, passed a handgun ban in 1981. It was upheld by the IL supreme court in 1984 but was rescinded in 2008. In the mean time, a member of the Morton Grove council, who had voted for the ban, shot and killed an intruder in his yard with a handgun. These people rank right up there with neighborhood association board members.

Morton Grove repeals 27-year-old gun ban - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

The only other remarkable event related to the Morton Grove ban was that Kennesaw, GA, in direct response, passed a city ordinance requiring residents to own a gun.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is scary stuff..."The ordinance defines the term assault weapon to include semiautomatic rifles, semiautomatic pistols, semiautomatic shotguns or shotguns with a revolving cylinder."

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    It will help with the "sense of safety" in the community. So, they admit itwon't make them safer. It'll just make them feel safe because that's the same thing...

I'd love to see the NRA or GOA take up battling this unconstitutional ordinance.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    No surprise in the liberal paradise of Illinois. One of the council member said he hopes it spreads through the state and then the country. Illinois was a nice state, totally destroyed by liberals on both sides of the aisle.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    shotguns with a revolving cylinder."

they're already illegal in Illinois....all class 3 items are! the batfe ruled them a class 3 item back in the late 80's or early 90's

what is the state going to make the double illegal now?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    At Christmas my mom asked if my wife and I would ever move back to IL: nope. well what if our employer suddenly pulled up and moved to IL: Probably not. Tell me again about your property taxes mom, and how the states been in debt for all known history, and how they pillaged pretty much everyone's retirement (she was a teacher), the tollways that are perpetually under construction or broken, and how they've screwed up pretty much everything else too.

Didn't mention the whole firearms thing given her views.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At Christmas my mom asked if my wife and I would ever move back to IL: nope. well what if our employer suddenly pulled up and moved to IL: Probably not. Tell me again about your property taxes mom, and how the states been in debt for all known history, and how they pillaged pretty much everyone's retirement (she was a teacher), the tollways that are perpetually under construction or broken, and how they've screwed up pretty much everything else too.

Didn't mention the whole firearms thing given her views.

Semi-related... Stepdaughter wants to move to California. So I emailed her some statistics on homelessness (highest in the country at nearly 25%), cost of living (3rd behind only Washington, D.C. and Hawaii) and crime rates (13th highest in the country). Hope she gives it some thought, but at 27 I don't know if she will. I think she only believes their tourism commercials.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So, shotguns with revolving cylinders are assault weapons now?
    No more Judges, Governor's, Circuit Judges, or the like.
    They all fire shotgun shells and have revolving cylinders...

Maybe some manufacturers should file a discrimination lawsuit against the city for banning the sale or possession of an otherwise legal product.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So, shotguns with revolving cylinders are assault weapons now?
    No more Judges, Governor's, Circuit Judges, or the like.
    They all fire shotgun shells and have revolving cylinders...

Maybe some manufacturers should file a discrimination lawsuit against the city for banning the sale or possession of an otherwise legal product.

They do not meet the definition of a shotgun, whcih is why they don't have length requirments.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Semi-related... Stepdaughter wants to move to California. So I emailed her some statistics on homelessness (highest in the country at nearly 25%), cost of living (3rd behind only Washington, D.C. and Hawaii) and crime rates (13th highest in the country). Hope she gives it some thought, but at 27 I don't know if she will. I think she only believes their tourism commercials.

The GF's niece moved out there last year, if it wasn't for her "career" she'd leave it in a heartbeat. Seems the homeless have to pee and pooh too so I guess it makes sense to assume that when you're homeless ANYWHERE nature calls is fair game or fair substitute for a toilet!:n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom