Who’s goin to the swamp, I mean Knob Creek?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Myself and a few friends are going down. I planned on taking the wife's car for the fuel mileage but after reading a couple updates it looks like we are taking the pickup. It should be a good time

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    The weather has always been a issue. Hopefully they consider the lost revenue from the camping lot and start to gravel some of the lot. I know that chunk of concrete in the building they put down wasn’t cheap but they definitely need to work on the parking lot next. That being said rain will never keep me from going.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have never had the experience of shooting there. However, I regularly drag race just about 10-15 minutes further south down the dixie highway (31w). As of yesterday the track was almost half flooded. So unless Knob Creek is on higher ground y'all may expect a soupy mess.
    I hope to make it down there one of these days and taste the kool aid

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I'll be there as always and in my usual spot. The lower parking lot probably has FEET of standing water in it right now, so I don't think gravel would have helped this year. Using the camping area for parking is probably the only option at this point considering how many people will be there. The lack of on-site camping will make the local hotel situation even worse. About a year ago, some acquaintances who hadn't planned on staying overnight had to drive almost an hour away to find a hotel room.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Just like vendor tables inside I’ve never been able to find a hotel to stay at either. I’ll be sleeping in my van down by the river.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    dad and I went about 10 years ago, it hadn't rained in a week, and we still got stuck in the lower lot!, but they had tractors to pull people out

I think they read the farmers almanac and say, well it looks like were getting a foot of rain that week...time to schedule the shoot!

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I'll be there as always and in my usual spot. The lower parking lot probably has FEET of standing water in it right now, so I don't think gravel would have helped this year. Using the camping area for parking is probably the only option at this point considering how many people will be there. The lack of on-site camping will make the local hotel situation even worse. About a year ago, some acquaintances who hadn't planned on staying overnight had to drive almost an hour away to find a hotel room.

I was actually surprised, I booked our hotel Wednesday night and got a pretty good deal on one about 15 miles away. Which is wayyyyy better than the years before

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I may see if my step dad wants to make a day trip. I've only stopped by on an off day while traveling for work, but I can remember my step dad's coworkers at Allison's letting him borrow vhs tapes of the shoot when I was a kid. I'd love to actually be there.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I will get there well before opening on Friday just like always to pick up the stuff I already have ordered and I'll drop some more money on other items I just can't live without and I'll be on my way home before 12. HI-LOC with lockers front and rear and plenty of rpm haven't failed me yet. I've only been to the spring shoot a few times it wasn't a soup bowl. Won't be sticking around to go on a helicopter ride this time either. We'll do that again at the fall shoot. It's a good cause and great folks.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    It looks like snow is on the ground this year. If anybody has a report on what a 1000 round box of 7.62x39 is running please let us know.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I was planning on going, but am reconsidering because its gonna be a swamp for parking. Its gonna be nice on Friday and I really would like to fly in the Huey again. We'll see.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    It looks like snow is on the ground this year. If anybody has a report on what a 1000 round box of 7.62x39 is running please let us know.
    If the weather scares everyone off it might be worth the trip down on Sunday. That Ammo will get cheap if they have to load it back up.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Went in 1991 I believe. Slept behind the building right by the line. Friend had a bench as well as dinner with Ciener and Constant Lamont so had a heck of a good time.
    Haven't been back since.

Bob

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Things are looking better. The forecast was rain Thursday through Sunday when I posted this now it’s just Saturday and Sunday. Of course we all know that being a meteorologist is the only job you can be wrong all the time and still keep your job!

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Man, I wanna go to this bad some day but it seems like everytime something else comes up. Oh well, maybe next time.

Top Bottom