• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    With a recently acquired Savage rifle I have been investigating public ranges. Having shot an IDPA match at Hamilton County Fish & Game several years ago I was aware they had a rifle range. I found their website and reviewed their membership rules. To be candid, I was rather shocked at the intricate process involved to become a member. Let me be clear, this is not a thread to bash HCFG.

However, in order to become a member I found you must:

1) Get an existing member to sponsor you - required BEFORE you apply for membership (?)
    2) Attend 3 regular meetings
    3) Attend 1 work day
    4) Be an NRA Member
    5) Receive positive vote from the membership AND the Executivve Committtee
    6 Go through a safety orientation
    7) Attend one club event

I couldn’t tell by the website if there are any memberships available at this time. HCFG isn’t terribly close, but certainly closer than Camp Atterbury, Long Shot in Auburn, or (?) I don’t have an issue with the NRA requirement as I’m an Endowment member. I also don’t object to the safety orientation mtg nor most of the other requirements. However, if my understanding of the process is correct it would take 3 months to attend 3 meetings before being considered for a vote. Also, since I don’t know anyone who is a current member I’m not sure how to get someone to sponsor me - which is apparently required to just begin the process.

I’m not bashful about calling or trying to email a club member, but also hoping someone on here might give me some insight into the process.

Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer - my apologies to the mods if this is a duo or belongs in a different section.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Good luck. A mod and I tried fairly hard last year to find a member on here. We went to a meeting and were told we couldn't join. We'd love to be members and would definitely contribute a lot but can't get in.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Current requirements are.. attend 4 club meetings, mow property, 1 chore, 1 Saturday workday, attend at least one event, $150 a year. It is a club, not a range, and those not involved don’t make the cut. New application process went into affect this year that now only happens once per year... so new member initiations start January with good reference.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Perhaps they are at member capacity based on the facilities, but don’t want to state that in case a friend or relative of an existing member may wish to join ? Not my club, not my rules. Just trying to determine if it would be worth the effort to attempt to meet ALL the requirements or the chances of working thru all the requirements are very slim.

Top Bottom