• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I deal a lot with G-broker, over 350 Positive deals.
    I will NOT buy from anyone with leas that 50-10 sells.
    I will NOT buy from anyone with a "non paying bidder" report on them.
    I will NOT BUY FROM ANYONE WHO LISTS "BUYER PAYS ACTUAL SHIPPING COST." That kids is wide open to mean whatever they mean. I usually deal with Hoosier Armory on transfers, handguns run $45-$50. That covers the $7.15 USPS Flat Rate plus some for the shop. I once had a gut charge $125 to ship a J frame. His reply was "THAT'S WHAT I CHARGE." I complained to G0broker and the reply was "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED BEFORE BIDDING."

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    45-50 dollars for a transfer or for shipping one you sold? I pay zero for an ffl transfer at a local shop that has a "buy anything in the store get a free transfer" Most I will pay for an xfer would be 25, anything over is obtuse.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    45-50 dollars for a transfer or for shipping one you sold? I pay zero for an ffl transfer at a local shop that has a "buy anything in the store get a free transfer" Most I will pay for an xfer would be 25, anything over is obtuse.

Consider yourself fortunate. Not many people work for free..............at least not for long.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a couple dozen transactions on GunBroker.
    Pay attention and you will be fine.
    "Buyer pays actual shipping" is not code for "whatever he means", and to think so is ridiculous.
    Most of the time I've seen "Buyer pays actual shipping is on an auction from an individual or a small shop that does not have a "shipping calculator/estimator linked to their auction.
    If you'd bother to call or email, you'd find most of those notices means you'll actually pay LESS shipping when others would charge a flat rate.

Now, like I said, you do need to pay attention.
    I did have one schmuck who tried to charge me "Overnight Express" shipping when it was not necessary.
    I bought a Daisy Red Rider BB gun from a seller who listed overnight shipping ONLY, and expected me to pay $45.
    I asked him why he wanted to ship overnight his answer floored me.
    He said, "This is a dangerous weapon. I will ONLY ship overnight, and ONLY to an FFL!

I told him he might as well list me as a non-paying bidder because there was no way on God's green earth I was going to pay for overnight shipping.
    He FINALLY agreed to ship it standard post, but insisted that it go to an FFL.
    My FFL did not charge me for the transfer, but he STILL tells people about my "dangerous weapon".

Due diligence is required on GunBroker, but if you didn't already know that, maybe you should refrain from such venues.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I will NOT buy a gun off an auction site.
    I will NOT buy a gun from a private seller who cannot or will not do the sale FTF. Made one exception to this from a highly respected long time member of rimfire central with whom I had corresponded on other matters dozens of times. He was in Montana, gave me a smoking deal on a 10/22M, and the gun was shipped FFL-to-FFL. Seller paid the shipping. My only complaint was my FFL tried to buy the gun from me when it arrived. :):

My feelings on selling a gun are very similar.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Consider yourself fortunate. Not many people work for free..............at least not for long.

I bought a dozen firearms last year, and I never paid the first dime in fees.
    Get into a buddy relationship with the shop owner/manager.
    I get free transfers at no less than 2 shops in my town. It doesn't even matter if I buy it from them or online and have it transferred in.

I actually had to remind one shop owner to charge me sales tax once.
    He was trying hard to keep my cost as low as possible, and he was going to let me walk out the door without paying tax.

Just because they don't charge me transfers does not mean they don't make money off of me.
    Quite the contrary. Those shops get the majority of my business, and my referrals.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

They definitely don't work for free. Most people end up buying multiple boxes of higher priced ammo, or gun parts, or... Not many cheap items. A transfer that costs 45 dollars is obscene, that tells me that shop would rather not transfer, and would rather me not walk in the door. I've bought pistols from members here and had them shipped to my ffl and the most I've paid in shipping has been 25 dollars. Most big volume gun broker sellers qualify for discounted shipping rates and advertise 9.99 shipping.

Honestly I don't understand the purpose of this post? What brought this on?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I believe I did. He has a unnamed FFL who will mail and do the paperwork a no charge. If that is indeed true I think we ALL want to know who works for free and eats the shipping cost.
    No I asked if that 45 to 50 was transfer or shipping. You can mail a firearm to an ffl without an ffl, so if it is for shipping I hope they are boxing it up as well as it costs around 20 dollars to ship a pistol fedex. If it is for a transfer (you receiving a firearm from a seller) then 45 to 50 dollars is crazy high. Watson Chambers Defense Institute in Columbus transfers for free with an in store purchase. It is on their website and has been mentioned a number of times before, no secrets here. The average seems to be 25 dollars per tho.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    They definitely don't work for free. Most people end up buying multiple boxes of higher priced ammo, or gun parts, or... Not many cheap items. A transfer that costs 45 dollars is obscene, that tells me that shop would rather not transfer, and would rather me not walk in the door. I've bought pistols from members here and had them shipped to my ffl and the most I've paid in shipping has been 25 dollars. Most big volume gun broker sellers qualify for discounted shipping rates and advertise 9.99 shipping.

Honestly I don't understand the purpose of this post? What brought this on?

CORRECT. $25 plus postage gets you to that range, don't remember the exact total. That new shop in Noblesville, I think it's ZRES, or ZRTS, charges $40 PLUS shipping. That is a bit tall.

No I do NOT buy ammo locally. I shoot 3 times a week every week so buy all my range ammo, cheap .

What is the purpose of ANY post? IT'S A QUESTION/OBSERVATION.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    INGO classifieds for me.

No nameless faceless translations and I can vet whoever I'm dealing with (or not dealing with,) through post history.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    CORRECT. $25 plus postage gets you to that range, don't remember the exact total. That new shop in Noblesville, I think it's ZRES, or ZRTS, charges $40 PLUS shipping. That is a bit tall.

No I do NOT buy ammo locally. I shoot 3 times a week every week so buy all my range ammo, cheap .

What is the purpose of ANY post? IT'S A QUESTION/OBSERVATION.

There is no paperwork to ship a firearm to an ffl is what I'm saying. I've sent them to buyers ffl's and to smiths myself by walking into a fedex store. 45 to 50 is tall to ship, but if it gives you a good feeling.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    There is no paperwork to ship a firearm to an ffl is what I'm saying. I've sent them to buyers ffl's and to smiths myself by walking into a fedex store. 45 to 50 is tall to ship, but if it gives you a good feeling.

Paperwork is REQUIRED for the FFL that ships. YES you can ship 'overnight' by Fed Ex or UPS but even they require a contents forum and if shipped this way you must include copy of your Drivers License.

Sending back for repairs or to a gunsmith is another animal.

Back to the first post. I WILL NOT buy something unless I know the total price. I will not play the 'actual cost' game. There are a few here that want to argue that but when push comes to shove I doubt many, if ANY, will sign a blank check to a total stranger.

Top Bottom