Any options to make grip fill hand better?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    My TP9SFx doesn't fill my hand as well as I would like it to, even after ~500rds it's a still a tiny bit noticeable. I still shoot it well so it isn't a huge deal, but I was wondering if anyone has felt the same way about a particular handgun and done something about it. I looked at Hogue grip sleeves, but don't know if it would work with my specific gun (or if they work that well). I looked at the support hand sleeve from Warren Tactical, and it just looks...weird. Talon grips don't add much (if any) in terms of width, but they make up for it with significant texture upgrade.

...orrrr maybe it's just that I'm used to the large M&P backstrap, and I need to suck it up and practice more...that can't be it, right? :whistle:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    "harness tape" electrical tape is almost 1/16 thick and fattens up the grip well. takes a range session to really set up and get rid of the residue on the outside but works well after that. can't speak for the longevity yet.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I came to the conclusion last night after another range session that the grip on my shield is just too narrow for me. I get consistent groups, low and to the right though. So I ordered a Hogue HandAll sleeve for mine today. Pachmeyer makes one too so you might look and see if they have one that fits yours. They both look like they'll add some thickness which is what I want. The Pachmeyer looks like its got more grip texture but reviews for the Shield model have a lot of people complaining of it moving around. The Hogue sounds like a very tight fit so I went that route.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I added Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves to my SIG P938, have you checked to see if any are available for your TP9SFx? They seem to have these sleeves that might fit:

https://www.hogueinc.com/handall-tactical-grip-sleeve-large-black

Here are the Hogue grips on my (dirty) P938:

BVnTuqx.jpg

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If you use the Hogue HandAll you can always use a bicycle inner tube cut to length under it to bulk it up more. Most bike shops will give you a used one.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    JB weld and a latex glove. Put some where you're short on grip and grab it once wearing the glove.

My gawd that's barbaric.

(...but to clarify: it is the PUTTY sticks he is referring to. Unless you are pretty good and know what you want, choose the putties with 20-25 minute open time. I use the 5 minute plumbers version now, but I've done a fair bit of epoxy-ing.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My gawd that's barbaric.

(...but to clarify: it is the PUTTY sticks he is referring to. Unless you are pretty good and know what you want, choose the putties with 20-25 minute open time. I use the 5 minute plumbers version now, but I've done a fair bit of epoxy-ing.

Did wonders for my old 22/45 first generation.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Update: So I got my Hogue grip sleeve in the mail today and fitted it on the Shield. Shot two 8rd mags from 7yds and the improvement is incredible. Still a little work to do but it was a a noticeable difference in grip feel. I definitely can get a better hold on it now.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    JB weld and a latex glove. Put some where you're short on grip and grab it once wearing the glove.

I've seen that, but it makes me nervous and doesn't look great unless you do an impeccable job...but it would be the most custom fit solution.

I added Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves to my SIG P938, have you checked to see if any are available for your TP9SFx? They seem to have these sleeves that might fit:

https://www.hogueinc.com/handall-tactical-grip-sleeve-large-black

I think that's what I'm going to do, it's a relatively cheap solution that looks like it'll work. The only issue is that there isn't one specifically for the SFx, so it won't be a perfect fit...but it'll do

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I found a grip like that at Bass Pro. Then I used paste board cardboard to shim it out. I would trim the cardboard where needed.
    I like a thicker grip also.
    I paid $100. to have Thick custom grip for my 1911. I used wood filler to make a model. I shaved and filled until It was perfect for both hands.
    When the man delivered it. I immediately noticed that it was shorter.
    He remade it. Now it feels perfect in both hands.

Top Bottom