Knob Creek Spring 2018 Machine Gun Shoot!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Kept up with the tradition with my gun buddies and headed to the creek. Absolutely love seeing the old machine guns at work especially the WWI era. It was such mechanically innovative time for machine guns. They truly had an elegance and beauty about them with their brass feed trays and blued steel. A true era in GREAT engineering minds...

Went down Friday and Saturday. Friday was perfect weather wise, Saturday not so much... But with the bad weather keeping the faint of heart at home the prices began to drop...

Scored a bunch of Blem. uppers for $10 a piece with minor machining issues. Another mans trash is another mans treasure. Minor mill time and they'll be fully operational. Already repaired one for a "truck gun." Bought a used .300 blkout barrel and handgaurd and had it laying around the house sometime back. Threw one of the uppers on it and wallah! complete pistol upper for $60 total :)::cool:. I'll have less than $200 in the whole pistol. Just need a KAK Blade brace and it'll be all done.

Also almost got my M16a2 clone build complete now after the trip.

GETgNsR.jpg

FkpF8nn.jpg

WP79hBL.jpg

wHzt267.jpg

ZTA2drP.jpg

LEgaBCh.jpg

jJpQ2iF.jpg

72iVFPm.jpg

nwjpUQn.jpg

hbm0Wvi.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They really shot the crap out of that fox body mustang. Looks like a good time.
    So when the machine gun shoot is going on do they have any ranges open to the public for non machine guns? Or is everything else deducated to the gun show?

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Pretty much everything is for the show. They have 3 other ranges one is a machine gun rental down on the lower range. They have a woods gun match range (not entirely sure what that one is never been down there) and a sub-gun match range. If you have a submachine gun you can enter those two match ranges or you can go rent them on the lower range. They have a huge gun show going on right next to the main firing line too.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I even took off work Friday to go to the shoot and ended up just not wanting to spendthe kind of money I knew I would end up spending. I was also a bit worried it would be a giant mess with the whole Parkland shooting panic still going on. Looks like I missed out!

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I even took off work Friday to go to the shoot and ended up just not wanting to spendthe kind of money I knew I would end up spending. I was also a bit worried it would be a giant mess with the whole Parkland shooting panic still going on. Looks like I missed out!

I always take off on Friday too myself but usually don't buy anything because the prices come down on Saturday. More or less to get an idea of where everything is located. That's taking a gamble too though because I missed out on 80% lowers for $25 waiting to buy until Saturday.

There really wasn't so much of the shooting panic stuff going on from what I saw. Everything was pretty normal price wise. Only ones that were high where the larger AR-15 booths but even they came way down Saturday when no one showed up due to the weather.

I'll usually browse the internet for what I need for a few days before, if they don't beat those prices I wont get it lol

Top Bottom