• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I read on concealed nation Dick's will be destroying all the inventory they pulled from the shelf. So I wonder who is paying them for their little publicity stunt?

Bravo619

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    Tulsa
    Yeah that’s all it is . They can go eat a bag of for all I care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Bravo619

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    Tulsa
    Sorry didn’t see a rules post. Old guy I guess ya forgot my username but just guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I had not seen this, but that's pretty awful. I agree though, it would seem someone has to be paying for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Destroying my a**!

They'll sell them off to somebody behind the scenes. No way in hell they are actually burning proverbial cash by actually destroying them.

If they are actually burning corporate cash by destroying product, they deserve to flounder and die as a corporation because thats just idiotic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Destroying my a**!

They'll sell them off to somebody behind the scenes. No way in hell they are actually burning proverbial cash by actually destroying them.

If they are actually burning corporate cash by destroying product, they deserve to flounder and die as a corporation because thats just idiotic.

I am not seeing the advantages here. Is the main customer base the are pandering to that lucrative...???

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Destroying my a**!

Only 35 stores sell them, so I doubt thet have a significant number. Not enough to remotely approach the paid advertising to get the kind of exposure this gets them.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    We can only hope the stunt back fires and the manufacturer's whos product is destroyed, simply cut ties with Dick's and stop selling any of their product lines to them.

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This stunt will not help getting more people in the store. I will never cross their door step again. What a waste for a midwest company.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    My impression of Dick's is that they really don't give a damn about the people who hunt, fish, camp, etc. in this world. Now if Tiffany doesn't show up to buy little Devin some new soccer cleats, then that's a big problem.

In any case, I gave up on Dick's after their posturing regarding Sandy Hook.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My impression of Dick's is that they really don't give a damn about the people who hunt, fish, camp, etc. in this world. Now if Tiffany doesn't show up to buy little Devin some new soccer cleats, then that's a big problem.

In any case, I gave up on Dick's after their posturing regarding Sandy Hook.

Same here but again they could care less as long as their stocks don't go down and people are buying their shorts/towels/etc there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would think the alienation of firearms owners would seriously hurt them.

It hasn't. Relatively low profit items that make up a small percentage of their sales. I don't know how much traffic it drives that results in other sales, but you can be sure Dicks knows.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I gave up on Dick's when they wouldn't let me carry a box of ammo to the counter.

Every thing else they sell to soccer moms is next door at MC Sport.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Dick's is a store for suburban sporting people. They left the fishing/hunting people behind long ago. The silver lining is that this benefits our LGS's. Really, who amongst us spent firearm monies at Dick's except for in a moment of convenience?

If I found it right in a quick google search - 3% of the population owns half the guns in American. While 30% of the population might have a gun, it probably is not much more than the 3% that really supports the Constitution and 2A issues enough to not shop at Dick's.

Just 3% of Americans own more than half the country's guns | Big Think (anit-gun link alert that contains the stats).

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I gave up on Dick's when they wouldn't let me carry a box of ammo to the counter.

Every thing else they sell to soccer moms is next door at MC Sport.

The MC Sport in Bloomington used to have a pretty busy gun counter, back when they were still opened there.

I've bought a few things from Dick's over the years but not anymore.

Top Bottom