• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I attended the first (hopefully annual) spring FNRA banquet in Lafayette tonight.
    It was small, but nice, and fruitful for my table.

Crabby Mike's BBQ catered the banquet.
    Great BBQ'd brisket or pulled chicken sandwiches , boiled young garlic potatoes, green beans with bacon and onions, baked beans.

It was a smaller crowd than we'd hoped for, but I think we need to do more advertising. I don't believe the word got out that there was a banquet in the spring.
    Tippecanoe county traditionally holds them in the fall, in September.

Anyway, one if my bucket tickets were pulled for a nice little Browning 3-1/4" fixed blade hunting knife with burl wood handles and a nice drop point.
    My buddy Joe had a ticket drawn and won a Henry survival rifle.
    My brother hit the door prize for a Marlin model 60 .22lr semi-auto.

I took the cake for the table.
    My "Gun-a-palooza" ticket hit for a S&W M&P15!
    Not sure which variation.
    .223/5.56Nato
    16" barrel w/A2 flash hider
    Front sight tower/gas block w/bayonet lug
    Standard cheap round hand guards.
    Adjustable stock

I already had a couple of AR15's in the safe, but none of those are factory built.
    This will be the nicest one I own.
    Get to pick it up tomorrow. :rockwoot:

BTW- What does a stock model M&P run for?
    I see prices all over the board on the interwebz.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Congrats! I've been to a lot of banquets for hunting/conservation foundations but have never been to an NRA banquet before.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    When Gun Buyer has the standard model M&P in stock they sell it between $499 -$549 with free shipping. That's the best price I typically see.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Heard about the Banquet from a co worker a few days prior but it was too late for me attend sadly.
    Fantastic luck on the prize! It's a great feeling,few years ago I won a S&W 1911 from a gunshow raffle and it still brings back the excitement looking at it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve been going to the southern Indiana FNRA banquet for about 10 years and have never won anything! It’s still a good time, though. Ours is held on the first Saturday in April (usually) at Hubers orchard in Starlight.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I thought about attending, contacted the local organizer as the NRA website said there were no tickets available. Said it started at 4:30 PM, but with work I was not available till 6:00 PM. Could not find any details on the NRA website or through a Google search. I assume there is a cost, but it is not published nor what all is done at these fundraising events. Does an NRA endorsed candidate appear? Just joined the NRA and got my number yesterday. So I suspect I'm not on any mailing list yet.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I've won 3 from the friends of the nra
    1-sig p320 from the wall of guns
    1-heritage rough rider 22/22mag 12 guns of christmas
    1-m&p 22 pistol (full size)

I bought the last ticket for the wall of guns and they drew my number (20.00)
    I bought 1 ticket for the 12 guns of Christmas, and my fiancé bought me one, and hers won me the gun, I bought back in for the side raffle gun, an nra marked henry golden boy in 22 mag, that I didn't win, so that 180.00 heritage rough rider cost 300.0
    and the committee has a drawing and gives a gun to a committee member and that's how I won the m&p 22

but I've yet to win a nra marked gun but I hope to soon, and were having our spring gunapalooza next month, so I'm hoping I can scrape up 100.00 to buy a ticket to that (25 guns and only 300 tickets printed)

ccityguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2014
    Columbia City
    Congrats! My father in law won 3 years in a row. He then invited me the last two years and neither of has won anything. He thinks I am bad luck. figures....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, I picked up the M&P 15 today, and never made it home with it.
    Took it straight over to my uncle and asked him what he thought of HIS new rifle.
    "MY new rifle, what do you mean?"

Some of you may realize from another thread. This is the same uncle that just put my name on the deed for 50 acres of woods.
    I told him if he was interested, the rifle was his.
    Grinning from ear to ear, he said, "Well YES, I WOULD like to have it!"
    I could see the excitement in his eyes. Looked like a little kid at Christmas.
    I've never seen him so giddy.

I took just a couple of minutes to show him how to disassemble it for maintenance, how to charge it, and explained the gas system.
    I'm sure he will forget most of what I told him, but that's o.k.
    I told him to let me know when he's ready to go shooting and I'd bring hm a cleaning kit, a second mag, and a couple of hundred rounds of American Eagle .223AR.

The only semi-auto he has any experience with is an M1 Garand.
    He seemed intrigued when I told him yes, the AR15 is basically what I used in the Marine Corps.

He asked if the AR would be a decent coyote gun!
    I had to try hard to keep from laughing while I explained it is a favorite for a LOT of coyote hunters, and his grin just got bigger.
    Can't wait to get him out to the range.

Top Bottom