Crown Point Gun and Knife Show
    April 21st 9 A.M.-5 P.M CDT
    April 22nd 9 A.M.-3 P.M CDT
    Lake County Fairgrounds
    889 S. Court St.
    Free parking
    $5.00 admission

Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult
    Guns, knives, ammo, reloading supplies, military surplus, clips & magazines,
    and more

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I don’t know if the protesters are coming back or not but last time it really brought in the people. You just can’t beat all that free advertising.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I don’t know if the protesters are coming back or not but last time it really brought in the people. You just can’t beat all that free advertising.
    Yep. It's always nice being on the front page of the newspaper as well as television. If they come back, I say we should buy them coffee and donuts so they stay longer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1674030949340186/
    APR22[h=1]Protest Assault Weapons at the Crown Point Gun Show[/h]Public · Hosted by First Unitarian Church of Hobart Faith in Action Circle

Sunday at 1 PM - 3 PM
    4 days from now · 37–59° Partly Cloudy

pin

Lake County Fairgrounds, Crown Point, Indiana

6 Going · 17 InterestedShare this event with your friends

Details

Demand Action for Common Sense Gun Laws
    *Ban Assault Rifles
    *Ban Bump Stocks and High Capacity Magazines
    *Close the Gun Show Loophole and Private Sales Loophold
    *Mandate Universal Background Checks
    *Enforce Existing Laws

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    APR22[h=1]Protest Assault Weapons at the Crown Point Gun Show[/h]Public · Hosted by First Unitarian Church of Hobart Faith in Action Circle

Sunday at 1 PM - 3 PM

pin

Details

*Ban Assault Rifles
    *Enforce Existing Laws

Looks like another huge turnout just like last time. Lol. 20 last time and according to that 6 lined up. They may want to protest something else if thats all they can manage. Wonder if they'll stay the full 2 hours cause they sure didn't last time.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    APR22Protest Assault Weapons at the Crown Point Gun Show

Public · Hosted by First Unitarian Church of Hobart Faith in Action Circle

Sunday at 1 PM - 3 PM

pin

Details

*Ban Assault Rifles
    *Enforce Existing Laws

First of all: I'm glad they will be there. It should make the show better.
    Second: Only one day? That's disappointing.
    Third: I find it suspicious that they attend the Crown Point show (at the Lake County Fairgrounds, in a really nice neighborhood) but they didn't attend the Gary show (which is closer to their church). Why didn't they protest the Gary show? I honestly thought a show in Gary would be more controversial.
    Still, I'm willing to buy them coffee and donuts. I'm just too busy at the show to make it outside (last time I never even saw them).

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    First of all: I'm glad they will be there. It should make the show better.
    Second: Only one day? That's disappointing.
    Third: I find it suspicious that they attend the Crown Point show (at the Lake County Fairgrounds, in a really nice neighborhood) but they didn't attend the Gary show (which is closer to their church). Why didn't they protest the Gary show? I honestly thought a show in Gary would be more controversial.
    Still, I'm willing to buy them coffee and donuts. I'm just too busy at the show to make it outside (last time I never even saw them).
    Invite them inside to really see what goes on at a gun show and see first hand everyone has to fill out paperwork to purchase a firearm.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Invite them inside to really see what goes on at a gun show and see first hand everyone has to fill out paperwork to purchase a firearm.
    A few of them came in last time. I had to tell one of them to leave after 3 on Sunday (we don't allow anyone except dealers after the show closes for security reasons). She didn't complain when I explained why she had to leave and gave me a flyer on her way out (the flyer was rather hilarious, explaining all of the "myths" about firearms and firearm laws.) I'm not really sure if they are trying to change the minds of dealers or what their intent was. Do they really think that in the 23 years I've been doing this that I haven't already heard their b******* arguments before?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    A few of them came in last time. I had to tell one of them to leave after 3 on Sunday (we don't allow anyone except dealers after the show closes for security reasons). She didn't complain when I explained why she had to leave and gave me a flyer on her way out (the flyer was rather hilarious, explaining all of the "myths" about firearms and firearm laws.) I'm not really sure if they are trying to change the minds of dealers or what their intent was. Do they really think that in the 23 years I've been doing this that I haven't already heard their b******* arguments before?
    See you there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Maybe you could make up a few flyers of your own to hand out if they decide to do the same s**t again. Tell them I'll read yours if you read and actually research mine!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Yes.
    They think they know more than people that actually buy, sell, shoot, or research guns.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    See you there.
    I'll be in my usual spot, by the back door.

I just got here to start setting up tables. There is still snow on the ground up here right now. It's supposed to warm up some this weekend but it will still be chilly (I hope that the protesters don't get cold feet). Maybe this time they can talk to the B.A.T.F.E. agents at the informational booth if they need an education. I would have been happy to engage them in a civil discussion last time but by 3 on Sunday, I'm ready to pack up and leave. It takes me 5 hours to load up and I lose an hour on the way home.

Top Bottom