• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not a bad show. Colion was comfortable, but slightly interrupting and argumentative. He tried too hard to please Joe at times. I think Joe responds more to honesty than flattery. Hopefully he has him on again in the future.

Joe is very focused on the mental health aspect of shootings, seems to be pro-2A for the most part... but has qualms when it comes to availability of guns. Also voiced some apprehension to how normal people carry (one in the chamber, etc).

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not a bad show. Colion was comfortable, but slightly interrupting and argumentative. He tried too hard to please Joe at times. I think Joe responds more to honesty than flattery. Hopefully he has him on again in the future.

Joe is very focused on the mental health aspect of shootings, seems to be pro-2A for the most part... but has qualms when it comes to availability of guns. Also voiced some apprehension to how normal people carry (one in the chamber, etc).

I really don't know how those two things go together. Because if you have problems with the availability of guns, that's pretty much the essence of anti-2A sentiment in practical terms.

Whenever I've seen him discuss the gun issue, he goes to great lengths to appear even-handed and impartial, but I can't help but notice how he lapses into mocking voice-tone when describing gun owners.

I'm no psychoanalyst or profiler, but if I had to guess, he's one of those types who always felt he had the skills to take care of pretty much anybody with just his hands and feet...and is discomforted that the existence of guns in the world makes it otherwise. And, hasn't quite worked out in his head yet how to become cool with that.

I think he could be "turned" pro-2A. But I definitely don't think he's there. He needs someone like Matt Hughes to bring him the rest of the way, and realize the answer to his concerns is to arm his _own_ damn self.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw a post on instagram about this a week ago or so. I've been looking forward to it. I think Rogan gets the audio up pretty quick I'll probably listen to that tomorrow. Happy to hear initial reports are good. I've been interested to hear Rogan get more into the 2nd amendment with him being pro hunting and all and see where he stands. I think he can keep moving our direction with more exposure/education etc.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whenever I've seen him discuss the gun issue, he goes to great lengths to appear even-handed and impartial, but I can't help but notice how he lapses into mocking voice-tone when describing gun owners.

He understands the importance of guns... and there's plenty to mock about some of the stereotypes of gun owners. I don't think that's necessarily a negative. He seems to be an equal-opportunity basher of all-sides... because all sides need a good bashing once in a while.

Regardless... I've seen him when he disagrees vehemently with some people he's had on. He'll make it known... coming just short of calling them idiots. With Colion, there was none of that.

He's on the "right side" of the gun conversation, and seems still willing to learn.

Sort of funny, the guns he said he bought were pretty much my first guns. Also when Colion was talking about the "scariest" times dealing with guns early on... I felt just the same... that lack of trust in the mechanics of it... The first time I de-cocked my USP, I felt like I was about to shoot a hole in my floor. :)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like Joe and Colion in general. Both seem like good guys. Keep in mind that Joe is still relatively new to guns/hunting and would be in the early stages of knowledge when it comes to understanding why a person would carry with one in the chamber. I don't fault him for this, it's a matter of time, training, and experience. Colion was factual and friendly and I think he did a good job representing the 2A side of the house. I loved seeing such a civil discussion between two people of two completely different levels of experience. I'd especially like to see the follow up discussion with an anti-gunner if they can have the similar civil discussion.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think he could be "turned" pro-2A. But I definitely don't think he's there. He needs someone like Matt Hughes to bring him the rest of the way, and realize the answer to his concerns is to arm his _own_ damn self.

Some of the people from the world he respects (where people beat the crap out of and choke each other) carry all the time (like some of the Gracies). Maybe he'll notice that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Some of the people from the world he respects (where people beat the crap out of and choke each other) carry all the time (like some of the Gracies). Maybe he'll notice that.

he's already pro gun, I'm not sure what more we are expecting from the guy.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Keep in mind Rogan's podcast averages 11 million listeners per episode (not subscribers) and his audience skews young and male.

The show was rational and gave people that don't know much about guns something to think about. This type of exposure is fantastic for the gun cause.

By comparison Tucker Carlson averages about 3.6 million viewers per episode (so says Google).

Top Bottom