• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It makes no difference at all, and I agree with the above, but is Plato's Closet a GFZ and that is why Dad left his gun in the car?

No excuse at all but curious minds want to know.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    With so much heightened awareness about guns in the news these days both positive and negative, and so much emphasis on gun safety in the gun owning community, you really have to living under a rock to be a gun owner and still be so blatantly careless with guns around your own family.

Hopefully mama pulls through, for her sake and for all of us. As for him, hopeless bonehead, just unload them, sell them. If you can't be safe with guns, then stay the f away from guns.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The local Fort Wayne news talking head made sure to tell us, the uneducated viewers, that the gun had "a high-capacity clip".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have started to type and erased 3 times now. Stupid is rampant. You can not fix or even adjust stupid. Stupid is free ranging. Stupid reproduces.
    All I got.

Was it a G**** ...???
    I could not get all the way through it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    News media worried about "high capacity clip" when it only took one round to ruin a family's whole life.

I wonder if dad left it in the car to enter a gun free zone?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    News media worried about "high capacity clip" when it only took one round to ruin a family's whole life.

Exactly, Indykid. Do a DuckDuckGo search on "toddler shoots mom", and you'll get hits from LA to New Zealand. Really. As the other side is wont to say, (to paraphrase), "never let a good tragedy go to waste". And the anti gun nuts are already playing this up to the hilt. Including Mrs. oze.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

I wonder if dad left it in the car to enter a gun free zone?

Article I read said that he was in the store trying on clothes. I'm guessing he left it in there so he could try on clothes quickly while mom tried to keep the kids happy outside? Concealed is concealed and plato's definitely doesn't have metal detectors. No excuse for leaving it in reach of the toddler.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Article I read said that he was in the store trying on clothes. I'm guessing he left it in there so he could try on clothes quickly while mom tried to keep the kids happy outside? Concealed is concealed and plato's definitely doesn't have metal detectors. No excuse for leaving it in reach of the toddler.

Just a hunch, but my guess is that Pops wasn't carrying the gun legally, and most likely doesn't use a holster. So if he was trying on clothes, he may have been worried about it falling out of his waist band in the store and stashed it under the seat.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Why weren’t these 1 and 3 year olds strapped in their car seats. I’m guess these parents had no chance of being parents of the year.

Top Bottom