Marion County Fairgrounds Gun and Knife Show
    April 28th 9 A.M.-5 P.M.
    April 29th 9 A.M.-3 P.M.
    Marion County Fairgrounds
    7300 E. Troy Ave.

Free parking
    $5.00 admission
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult

Guns, knives, ammo, reloading supplies, military surplus, clips & magazines,
    and more

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Hiw does it compare to the 1500 in regards to size and merchandise?

Not anything even close to the 1500. Last one I went to ( probably a year ago) was smaller than the Greenfield show and possibly the same size as the Noblesville show they had a few months back. I’m hoping to check it out to see if it’s grown any.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Hiw does it compare to the 1500 in regards to size and merchandise?

Ever see the movie Mallrats where they go to that dirt mall and there's the psychic with the third ni..... Ummm, third "headlight?"

It's kinda like that but you couldn't hit me with a rubber hose hard enough to keep me from going. I can't describe it but it's kinda like hitting up that topless bar in a small town with gals who couldn't make it in the city but still need to go to nursing school. You know, the drinks are cheap but you feel a little dirty on the walk back to the car.

See you there!

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I almost spit out my morning coffee reading this! Ironically taking my yuppie girlfriend to this show as a cultural experience.

I've only been in Indiana for 2 years but my favorite show so far was down at the national guard armory in Seymour.

The smaller obscure shows are much more fun than the 1500, more unique independent sellers with obscure inventory!

Ever see the movie Mallrats where they go to that dirt mall and there's the psychic with the third ni..... Ummm, third "headlight?"

It's kinda like that but you couldn't hit me with a rubber hose hard enough to keep me from going. I can't describe it but it's kinda like hitting up that topless bar in a small town with gals who couldn't make it in the city but still need to go to nursing school. You know, the drinks are cheap but you feel a little dirty on the walk back to the car.

See you there!

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Not anything even close to the 1500. Last one I went to ( probably a year ago) was smaller than the Greenfield show and possibly the same size as the Noblesville show they had a few months back. I’m hoping to check it out to see if it’s grown any.

It's nice though that you aren't paying the Indy 1500 prices for parking and admission though!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    A drive and $5 lets you peruse the wares. Maybe find a magazine at a good price, tempt yourself with some knives, wonder at some of the pricing and possibly find that one thing you didn't know you needed.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I just got back from the show. It was a very good one for me, I bought a ton of random stuff from a total of 5 different vendors and one attendee who was carrying around items for sale. I bought two unique flare guns for my collection, a nice hardback book on German 7.9mm ammo (1888 to 1945), a bunch of WWII German ammo in original boxes, a box of Polish 8mm ammo from 1929(!), three 20 round packs of 7.62x54R for only $4 each (thanks Smith& W), a few 1891 Argentine Mauser stripper clips (no tabs on the sides, hard to find), a MEC SuperSizer for a measly $10, some assorted projectiles for reloading, two boxes of Alcan shotgun wads, a few loose sleeves of shotgun primers, a small baggie of 50AE brass, and about 10 pounds of assorted powder - including a sealed can of the discontinued IMR PB.

There were other deals that I strongly considered, but did not purchase. Magtech 454 Casull 260gr JSP for only $20 per box, almost half a can of Reloader 7 powder for $5, Greek HXP 30-06 M-2 ball for only $10 per box, CCI 22 Long hi-velocity for $8 per 100. I'll probably kick myself for not buying most of that stuff, but I'm putting this out there to share with my fellow INGOers. There were still good deals to be had at this show when I left at 2:30 - definitely worth going if you look for the same kinds of stuff that I do.

There were a couple of new vendors there too, so that is good from the new blood perspective. Fun day at the show buying good deals on cool stuff, plus hanging out with INGO members woody131, Mosin Mounts, Smith& W, and a couple of others who I've known for years but can't remember their INGO handle at the moment.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Anyone know whether this is a good show to buy & sell non-firearm military collectibles?

One vendor had a complete East German field gear outfit. No uniform, just all of the field gear and I have to say it was pretty cool and the price was reasonable. There was some other military collectible stuff there, but none of it sticks out in my mind.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Just got home and as expected, I had a great time. Picked up some cool surplus stuff for the boys, got me a $5 soda and heard lots of great stories. Would have sworn I saw doddg looking at a stainless Ruger but after I turned my head sideways, I realized it wasn't him. :): :): :):

I'm starting to feel like gun shows are the Best Buy of the firearm world though. I get to see and touch, then I buy online where the price is 30% less.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I always try to go to this show since it is easy to get to from my house.
    Had a good time catching up with a friend from Muncie. We shared a bunch of stories and catching up over a $2 cup of coffee then went thru the show.
    I picked up a factory Magazine for my S&W 59, a $3 Gerber knife and a couple of SAW ammo cans (should have bought a couple more)
    My friend was ready to drop some money on a magazine for his WWII German Luger, but the vendor with the mag. was too busy socializing that he said the heck with it and moved on (too bad for the vendor)
    I have walked out of a few shows with zero items, but always find something at this show that I evidently couldn't live without

Top Bottom