• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Straight Shooter Enterprises is holding a Gun and Knife show this weekend, April 28th and 29th, in Friendship, IN.

Show will be at the Old Mill Campground.

Promoter says there are 60 tables.

Saturday 9:00 to 5:00
    Sunday 9:00 to 3:00

Admission $6

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had a nice time there last fall. Everyone was nice and I ended up with a couple used scopes for fair prices. Will stop in again next time on down that way.

Very small show.

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    I went to the straight shooter enterprises' show down at the old National Guard armory a few weeks ago. Since this is put on by the same promoter, doors that mean it will be essentially the same show? Or does each location have a more or less unique show?

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I went to the straight shooter enterprises' show down at the old National Guard armory a few weeks ago. Since this is put on by the same promoter, doors that mean it will be essentially the same show? Or does each location have a more or less unique show?

There will be a lot of the same vendors, but there are some who only come to the Friendship show.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I bought a lovely old 12 gage percussion gun there last spring. The left lock is a little wonky and loose, so it was dirt cheap. Lots of wear and tear, and some plain old neglect, but she's beautiful, and a shooter.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Alot of shotguns and very over price akms well only 3 , also a cool pps43c but dude wanting 650 when I bought same one off classic for 545 plus 20 do transfer.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Sí señor. Down in Pendleton. Rick said you went down there. Nothing special Mosins going for $400, Yugo mausers hitting the $400 mark as well. The German mauser sold for a fair price.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Sí señor. Down in Pendleton. Rick said you went down there. Nothing special Mosins going for $400, Yugo mausers hitting the $400 mark as well. The German mauser sold for a fair price.

1st would not say that is deep in Kentucky.. If things got out of hand and you had to run.. a quick jaunt north and you could soon be into the safety & succor of Indiana..

There a number of deals in that Auction.. of course it would help if many of the guns had been labeled correctly..

When did you leave??? The 1st part of the Auction was much lower then at the end.. the ammo they were giving away at the very end..

not all Mosins went 400 .. there was a couple in the 250 - 300 range which unfortunately may be the fair market price now :(..

The K98 mod Mauser was a gift.. they failed to note the rifle was SVW-MB French manufactured.. so that just sold like a lesser k98.
    That was a gift to the buyer.

Now my favorite mistake was them calling that Jap rifle as a Chinese 8mm. I thought that sold at a fair price as a nice Japanese rifle,
    but they messed up my day by calling it something it was not even close to.. I wept openly when I finally looked at that up close.
    Now a close second was that Indian 7.62x51 Enfield carbine being called a Mauser 7.62x39 carbine.. At least they got the carbine part right.

The lugers went high... BUT TO BE FAIR these were some of the cleanest Lugers I have seen at auction in some time. but I think that
    you could get them cheaper on gunbroker.

The savage 1907 went higher then online.. And there were several Gallery guns that sold for a lot more then sold online or at shows.
    And they got very healthy prices on those commemorative guns.

One of the best thing of the auction were how clean the guns were..

Now towards the end the prices went very high on the guns.

Now a real interesting observation, so at the end the Owner/auctioneer was running around glad handing & making talk with the attendees. Several people
    asked him when he planned his next gun show.. and he was pretty upfront not for a while because the price of guns were to low.. So this always makes me want to know the workings behind the auction. The prices he got many times were fair.. and what would he care about the sale price when he is getting his (advertised 10%).. I saw that that was a pretty costly auction.. He had a large number of people there at 10+ dollars an hour and that adds up.. Also there is alot of setup costs, but still he did not feel that the prices were enough.. I do wonder if he had made promises to suppliers.. (That's may my dark untrustworthy side coming out). Because at the end, even at his 10%, he should have been able to roll around on a good size pile of money at the end of the day..

Now despite all the mislabeled rifles.. That was one of the best run firearms auctions I have seen in years.. they really knew how to move guns through
    an auction.. At times they were moving at a pace of 80 to 90 guns an hour.. locally Christies may get up to 50+ guns per hour.. And their FFl check out was better and faster and cheaper then most I have seen. Although Falls City Firearms does a good job.. I have seen that Rascal do a check, sell another gun while entertaining the shop gawkers with movies and jokes.

So did you get anything???

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Mike is a great guy been to a few of his auctions over the years. One of his claims is that he has been on the American Pickers show. I love his auction pace. He doesn't screw around. I threw my number up a few times to make sure he didn't give things away. Their descriptions and spellings are priceless. I have picked up some great buys before. I only go when it is C&R heavy. Also that was a a light turn out on the attendance as well. Usually you can't even find parking in the lot. No joke. I did pick up the only 38 super in the auction and a cheap deer mount. Those auctions usually happen every three months or so. Some of the Smiths went for a good price but after shipping and transfer fee the deal is not so good anymore. So what did you get?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I just want to say up front that Auctioneer wise I liked him on many fronts.. Hell of a pace.. your observation is right , do not screw around with bidding.. Some Auctions you can play little mind games.. Bid at the last second etc etc.. Man not there.. they moved fast.. Jump on that horse early and hang on..

Also.. I never saw anything that looked like a shill bid.. everything looked above board honest..110%

I Picked up the French Mauser SVW-mb, The 1888 Hopkins & Allen 12 ga, 1870s Remington Rolling block 12ga.. Never seen one before ever, and that nice little Stevens Crackfire.. and a batch of 8mm yugo ammo, There are a few other guns I did not get like those nice little Hamilton 22s and then the Colt Lightings were real cheap... But was wishing the whole auction would go my way.. And I have several things at the end I wanted... but bidding seemed low on the Cowboy type guns and higher on the Mil surp and the Commemerative guns were just real high.. I have found dreams of the Patton 45 going like 800 and I was going to use that as a shooter.. and then I did chase a will of the wisp hoping one of those lugers (Other then the commercial one) would go for 900 or so... ha that dream died hard...

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have to amend the Cowboy gun theory a little those darn pump Gallery guns went pretty high I though.. crap Doggy Daddy purchased one of those Remingtons for half that at Louisville.. but all auctions are so emotional pure logic is hard to hold on to..

images

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Although Falls City Firearms does a good job.. I have seen that Rascal do a check, sell another gun while entertaining the shop gawkers with movies and jokes.

While smoking a cigarette and sending Gunaria on a whiskey/horse bet run....

I'm a multitasker...:)

Gunaria our whiskey shop has more Zacharia...I picked up two and if someone comes in and pays cash instead of debit I'll run down and pick you up a bottle of the Louisville liquid smoothness......

Top Bottom