• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Given that the GOP hold all three branches of govt, is this indicative that people don't really trust them with their 2A-rights?

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    It’s just fear mongering. Trump winning the election has been rough for gun manufacturers. NRA drumming up fears may spark a spike in sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It’s just fear mongering. Trump winning the election has been rough for gun manufacturers. NRA drumming up fears may spark a spike in sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the fear is coming from others and not the NRA. We are under attack from almost every corner (gun owners in general) and the progressives are chipping away at the 2A with every chance the get or generate.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think the fear is coming from others and not the NRA. We are under attack from almost every corner (gun owners in general) and the progressives are chipping away at the 2A with every chance the get or generate.

We now actually have politicians advocating the repeal of the 2nd amendment.
    I fail to see how ANYONE can deny the fact that gun owners are under serious attack.
    Nancy Pelosi just announced this week that if the Dems win the house in the mid-terms, gun control will be one of their top 3 priorities.

Anyone who now says they don't see the attack is either living under a rock, or intentionally ignoring the issue.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Seems impressive until you remember that, like, five celebrities donated more than that to Everytown and the march.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seems impressive until you remember that, like, five celebrities donated more than that to Everytown and the march.

It is not all about money. Everybody is calling out the NRA warchest. But as you have pointed out that chest is pretty small. What we need is membership, unified membership and a strong front. 5 million dedicated, voluntary members is very different the a labor union where the participants are basically forced to join whether they agree with the agenda. Also very different then the I am 16 and it’s cool protest because class is boring club. Now is th time to join all the pro-gun organizations.

I hope this this is not out of line, CM please change it if is. But the NRA-ILA rep will be at Bite the Bullet GunShop in Seymour on Saturday. I will not be behind the counter but do plan to pop in and out. So you can talk to the NRA and possibly even meet a Tacti-cool Internet Bad@$$ (fat, middle aged, bald guy) in the flesh. :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is not all about money. Everybody is calling out the NRA warchest. But as you have pointed out that chest is pretty small. What we need is membership, unified membership and a strong front. 5 million dedicated, voluntary members is very different the a labor union where the participants are basically forced to join whether they agree with the agenda. Also very different then the I am 16 and it’s cool protest because class is boring club. Now is th time to join all the pro-gun organizations.

I hope this this is not out of line, CM please change it if is. But the NRA-ILA rep will be at Bite the Bullet GunShop in Seymour on Saturday. I will not be behind the counter but do plan to pop in and out. So you can talk to the NRA and possibly even meet a Tacti-cool Internet Bad@$$ (fat, middle aged, bald guy) in the flesh. :cool:

No worries Vert. Right in line with the thread and what we as a group need......a unified front.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Given that the GOP hold all three branches of govt, is this indicative that people don't really trust them with their 2A-rights?

A few did cave in after Parkland....I am hoping for the rebirth of the Blue Dog Democrat.....Clinton and Gore had A ratings from the NRA before than ran for the White House.....

IIRC when I was a kid and would flip through my Dad's American Rifleman magazine the pol's the NRA supported were pretty representative of both parties...Heck Bernie Sanders sounded like a right winger during the Waco and Ruby Ridge hearings.....I want to get back to that....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A few did cave in after Parkland....I am hoping for the rebirth of the Blue Dog Democrat.....Clinton and Gore had A ratings from the NRA before than ran for the White House.....

IIRC when I was a kid and would flip through my Dad's American Rifleman magazine the pol's the NRA supported were pretty representative of both parties...Heck Bernie Sanders sounded like a right winger during the Waco and Ruby Ridge hearings.....I want to get back to that....

FaceBook and the media have forever changed politics. The vocal minority now has a platform. Politicians will pander to whomever they think will get them elected.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    FaceBook and the media have forever changed politics. The vocal minority now has a platform. Politicians will pander to whomever they think will get them elected.
    It amazes me how every FB site has a large group of hard core leftists waiting to pounce on almost every topic. They simply dominate the debate with their numbers and their hate.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It amazes me how every FB site has a large group of hard core leftists waiting to pounce on almost every topic. They simply dominate the debate with their numbers and their hate.

Dominate with their hate, not sure about numbers. Again the vocal minority. I tend to not participate, many people chose not to participate, most people 1) don’t care or 2) don’t want to be called out. Personally I see no reason to call a bunch of attention to myself on FaceBook. I was going to say social media but INGO is social media and obviously I participate here. The difference is we are gun owners, you know I own guns, I don’t feel it compromises my families safety if INGO knows I have guns because we have an understanding of what the results are if.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dominate with their hate, not sure about numbers. Again the vocal minority. I tend to not participate, many people chose not to participate, most people 1) don’t care or 2) don’t want to be called out. Personally I see no reason to call a bunch of attention to myself on FaceBook. I was going to say social media but INGO is social media and obviously I participate here. The difference is we are gun owners, you know I own guns, I don’t feel it compromises my families safety if INGO knows I have guns because we have an understanding of what the results are if.....

I absolutely revel in setting the little cream-puff basement dwellers back in the corner they crawled out of.

Top Bottom