Revere's Riders wants your old firearms junk!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Revere's Riders will be running the 2nd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Rifle Match later this year (Nov. 3rd to be exact). As part of the plan to attract more competitors to the event, Revere's Riders is working on creating a perpetual trophy for the overall winner of the event (and possibly some secondary perpetual trophies as well).

Our plan is to construct the trophies from rifle parts. Envision an AR-15 (or other rifle) barrel with handgun as the center portion of the trophy mounted to a wood base. The base would contain several brass plaques that would be engraved with the name of the overall winner each year.

One potential secondary trophy is the "Most Useless Crap on a Rifle" trophy. The idea here would be to create a trophy similar to that of the overall winner but with a bunch of useless crap mounted to the handguard (the more useless, the better).

A Revere's Riders volunteer has already offered to construct the trophy base. All we need are the old rifle parts to complete the trophies.

If you have old rifle parts sitting around (barrels, handguards, useless crap that can be mounted to a handguard, etc.) that you would like to donate to the cause, it would be much appreciated. As a 501(c)3, Revere's Riders would acknowledge your donation making it possible to write off on your taxes (to the extent allowed by law).

Any and all help and donations towards creating these perpetual trophies is appreciated. If you don't have any rifle parts to donate, consider coming to Camp Atterbury in November to compete at the 2nd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Rifle Match!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a whole box of take off parts I have been trying to get rid of for years . Would happily donate them. Where can I send them?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I can meet up with you. I work in Carmel across the parking lot from Point Blank. I also drive all over the Midwest for work.

Steele parts preferred in order to weld them up into a trophy. The design isn't final though so we'll take whatever.

Top Bottom