Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Throwing away factory boxes and paperwork? Why?

Why do people throw away the factory boxes and paperwork? Iím not talking about guns that are imports or super old, but stuff thatís fairly recent. I keep everything that comes with the guns and like to purchase used ones that have it. Hate to see a nice used gun that Iím interested in thatís unique and thereís nothing from the factory that came with it.
    NRA Lifetime Patriot Member & Life Member Westside Sportsman Club Evansville

User Info Menu

Boxes take up space, and paperwork gets lost in the shuffle. You put the gun in your safe/case/whatever and now have this box you need to put somewhere. Multiply that by however many guns you have and that's a lot of 'wasted' space.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Plinker

User Info Menu

I keep everything. Comes in handy sometimes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    Boxes take up space, and paperwork gets lost in the shuffle. You put the gun in your safe/case/whatever and now have this box you need to put somewhere. Multiply that by however many guns you have and that's a lot of 'wasted' space.
    Why not just keep gun in the box in the safe? Thatís what I do. They stack up nice and neat. If itís a carry gun then I keep the box outta the safe somewhere else. To me if I find a neat used gun that 20-50 years old in nice shape and itís got that stuff with it, then it shows itís been taken care of. Just my opinion.

User Info Menu

A lot of people, "don't sell guns", so what's it matter?

Besides, I have maybe two boxes for some old guns, but the Russians tended to skimp on boxes during WWII...

And if you've seen one Ruger 10/22 box, you've seen them all.

Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

I keep everything as well, it does help if I choose to sell a firearm.
    A lot of people just like the OP like to have the box and all the factory goodies.
    A lot of times when I see a recent manufactured gun for sale, that is the firearm only, and nothing that came with it, it runs through my mind if it is stolen.
    Just my .02 FWIW.
    Test for Echo

User Info Menu

My problem is that sellers tend to think those boxes are worth $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    I don't. I make the assumption that most people like to have as much stuff as possible when buying a used gun.
    For me personally the only value is, it may help sell mine quicker, or over another firearm like mine that may not have the box, manual etc.
    Test for Echo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Sometimes they are. A nice used AMT Automag will bring more with the box and paperwork. Ever priced a Gen 1 Glock box if you can find one? Maybe to you there not worth the extra, which is fine. For me Iím more a collector, so I want it just like it came. When I buy a car or mower I donít throw away the owners manual. Iím willing to pay extra for the original factory stuff.

User Info Menu

That stuff is evidence. Much like Mrs. Itchytriggerfinger and the shoes "she's had forever." Without boxes, I can claim this Gen 5 Glock is a family heirloom.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast