• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I didn't realize our original, general Parkland thread(s) have been closed until now. Anyway, it appears as though journalism has not quite died out yet. Assuming this kid's on the up and up and what he's saying is true, he's doing the job most of the media refuses to do any more.

Is this still a general firearms type thread or should it be a political thread now?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2995...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The fire alarm thing is going out on a causality limb. Like maybe the alarm would have been delayed and maybe someone would have realized what was going on and maybe students wouldn't have fled into the hall and maybe the shooting would have transpired differently. It's possible, but I think that argument is stacking a lot of maybes.

End of the day, I think what happened is the students, parents, and community didn't want their school to "feel like a prison" and they didn't want school discipline to be a "school-to-prison pipeline". They gambled that nothing bad would happen, and they lost that bet. I don't think the school was terribly out of line with what any other school in the country does, except for having a cowardly weasel of an SRO.

Unfortunately the admins would rather deflect blame onto the NRA and gun owners than just admit "Yeah, we wanted our students to have freedom and liberty, we wanted to be compassionate to the problem kids, and that carries risk".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I sincerely believe that crime ignorance program is the most troublesome of that list. Nobody can say if x would have been done then the murders wouldn't have happened. But many or maybe all of the things he outlines seem to me more likely proximate to the cause than the NRA and all the rest of us law abiding gun owners.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's so nice to see that no matter how much they try to censor this information - it still got out there. And that's exactly why the Govt. wants so desperately to control the Internet. I agree with the student 100%. Heads should roll down the gutters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's so nice to see that no matter how much they try to censor this information - it still got out there. And that's exactly why the Govt. wants so desperately to control the Internet. I agree with the student 100%. Heads should roll down the gutters.

Ad more and more evidence surfaces as to the total lack of follow through by every agency all the way down the pipe I would hope that more people would see what a total mess big brother has become. All about the money. All about the agenda. Total cover your ass.

What a mess we have allowed this to become.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Speaking of .gov shutting the flow of information, what came of the investigation in vegas?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    $113,000 per year. Yeah. That sounds pretty nice.

I came up with 104k but still, making more retired than you did while you were working, is a dream come true. No wonder government workers get riled up when bankrupt cities and states start talking about trimming those benefits.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I came up with 104k but still, making more retired than you did while you were working, is a dream come true. No wonder government workers get riled up when bankrupt cities and states start talking about trimming those benefits.

I just redid it on the calculator, you are right. I musta missed a button.
    :)

And yes, it is pretty good. I thought I'd do all right with a steel mill pension, and it's gonna be closer to 1/3 of that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Especially with the media pounding on the subject non-stop.

And twisting the subject up to assist covering some asses.
    I can not even begin to fathom how a young mind could deal with the lack of assistance they received from those tasked to protect them. Especially when they were right outside the ****ing door listening to the insanity unfold. And did not a ****ing thing to save a life. Not 1 ****ing thing. NADA.

That would weigh on a young mind so heavily. knowing the lie that is our Gov. Having lived (????) through it.

Yes this still twists me up.

Top Bottom