• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HodgeStyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2018
    Scott County
    I am super excited that i purchased this handgun (400.00) because it is a dream to shoot. I was at the range and grouping 3 inches (circumferance) at 25 yards. Has anybody purchased or own one as of recently with tips or just wanna talk about it? I will post pics of it as soon as i can.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I have an SR9c and use it as my EDC. It's very accurate (I have owned mine for 5+ years). Mine is a slight bit picky on ammo though. Doesn't like PMC, Fiocchi, or the cheap Tula stuff. Most of the other ammo I have used works well. I find the Hornady Amercican Gunner XTP Hollow Point works very well as my self defense carry round. I also practice with a lot of UMC, Winchester Nato, and Blazer Brass which all cycles good. Welcome to the club. :)

HodgeStyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2018
    Scott County
    I have an SR9c and use it as my EDC. It's very accurate (I have owned mine for 5+ years). Mine is a slight bit picky on ammo though. Doesn't like PMC, Fiocchi, or the cheap Tula stuff. Most of the other ammo I have used works well. I find the Hornady Amercican Gunner XTP Hollow Point works very well as my self defense carry round. I also practice with a lot of UMC, Winchester Nato, and Blazer Brass which all cycles good. Welcome to the club. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the ammo choices. I have only used winchester as of yet. Working on getting a few other brands and putting it thru the paces!

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Just make sure that you disassemble it soon and remove the firing pin and thoroughly clean the striker channel to avoid any light stikes. A few years back some were problematic, but Ruger may have addressed that issue with a stronger spring. Just make sure the channel is clean.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just make sure that you disassemble it soon and remove the firing pin and thoroughly clean the striker channel to avoid any light stikes. A few years back some were problematic, but Ruger may have addressed that issue with a stronger spring. Just make sure the channel is clean.
    Do you have a link with the info on this?

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Another happy SR9C owner here. Had it for a few years now. Have not had issues like stated above with light strikes or ammo pickiness. I don't carry it, it's more of a back up home defense for when the shotgun has already been emptied:)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I love my SR9. It's a great shooter and my HD gun. Aluminum cased ammo won't eject properly out if it but it could shoot brass all day right on target.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I've had mine for absolutely it six or seven years. Upwards of 5000 rounds thru it. I can't think of a single problem the whole time I've had it....except it had a few problems with cheap Tulamo steel ammo. It eats every and all brass and aluminum I've fed it with no problems.

Had a crimson trace on it. Took it off when the battery died. Got new batteries. Still haven't put the trace back on.

I Carry it in Alien Gear holster.. Good stuff.

ive actually thought about buying another SR9c....should I come across a good deal somewhere.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've got a Ruger 9E, which is basically an SR series pistol with different slide machining/finish, different sights and no loaded chamber indicator pop-up. One thing I would always do to an SR series pistol is remove the mag disconnect safety. It improves the trigger and allows you to fire the gun regardless of whether a magazine is inserted or not. It's easy to remove and there are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to do it. I think Ruger made it easy to remove on purpose, IMO.

Top Bottom