• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    "Banks and credit card companies are exploring methods to identify gun purchases in a possible prelude to restricting those transactions, according to a Monday report in the Wall Street Journal."

"While the companies have not finalized any policy changes, they are discussing the possibility of implementing purchase codes for gun retailers, similar to those linked to credit-card purchases at restaurants and department stores. Another policy that is reportedly under consideration would require gun retailers to share with the companies information about what specific products consumers are buying."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/credit-card-companies-gun-purchases-tracked/

If any of my cards implement any of these things, I will cancel them immediately.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    YUP! If they want to they should be allowed to, its their business! They should be allowed to do what ever they want within the law. On that note , I should make it a point to know who I conduct business with and how they handle themselves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Banks and credit card companies are exploring methods to identify gun purchases in a possible prelude to restricting those transactions, according to a Monday report in the Wall Street Journal."

"While the companies have not finalized any policy changes, they are discussing the possibility of implementing purchase codes for gun retailers, similar to those linked to credit-card purchases at restaurants and department stores. Another policy that is reportedly under consideration would require gun retailers to share with the companies information about what specific products consumers are buying."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/credit-card-companies-gun-purchases-tracked/

If any of my cards implement any of these things, I will cancel them immediately.

If I am OK'd to have the card they will not limit it's use.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If I am OK'd to have the card they will not limit it's use.

I don't think they intend to limit the use.................yet. Looks like they are considering tracking firearms related purchases at this point. If they start doing that, it may begin to look like a defacto registration. Either way, I don't want to play. Cash still works.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This sounds like a good idea. It's a well-known fact that most criminals buy their guns at retail shops using credit cards issued in their name - I swear to god it is. Should make it much easier to track these folks.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    ​"CASH IS KING"

10-4 on that! I use a card for hotels because I have to and to buy gas because it's convenient. Cash is used for all else. Learn how to discreetly convert your holdings to cash in smaller sums and forget plastic and store tracking cards.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    This sounds like a good idea. It's a well-known fact that most criminals buy their guns at retail shops using credit cards issued in their name - I swear to god it is. Should make it much easier to track these folks.

exactly. Virtue signaling.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I used to work gun shows with a local shop. He used the “Square” to take
    credit and debit cards... until Square realized he was a gun shop. They canceled his account and lost out of a lot of $$$$.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, it's a dirty plan....but I have yet to buy a gun with a credit card.

They'll know where I get my gas, how often I go to Walgreen and that I shop at Tractor Supply way more than anyone without a farm should, other than that- nuthin'

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, it's a dirty plan....but I have yet to buy a gun with a credit card.

They'll know where I get my gas, how often I go to Walgreen and that I shop at Tractor Supply way more than anyone without a farm should, other than that- nuthin'
    But you have a tractor. You've got an airtight alibi for buying anything you want from Tractor Supply.

Top Bottom