• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Good. More Firearms companies need to do the same. I think Springfield Armory knows what it feels like to be spanked by the American gun owner.
    For them as a Company it is certainly a step in the right direction.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    Soooo..... One company basically says we are no longer going to sell your products. So the response is, fine we aren't going to do business with you anymore..... And they're a hero??

Oh you want to break up, well I didn't like you anyway.

They want to try and regain some face with their customers... Then actually stand up publicly and make real statements with your business actions and support the fight for your customers freedoms and rights.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    :nailbite: !!!!!!! Oh. "... Sporting Goods."

whew.

I only saw the first part of the subject from the front page. I thought that seemed like a REALLY bad business model.

-rvb

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Soooo..... One company basically says we are no longer going to sell your products. So the response is, fine we aren't going to do business with you anymore..... And their a hero??

Oh you want break up, well I didn't like you anyway.

They want to try and regain some face with their customers... Then actually stand up publicly and make real statements with your business actions and support the fight for your customers freedoms and rights.

Springfield makes more firearms than just the Saint and the M1A. Dick's is doing away with "Sporting rifles".
    Plenty of hand guns, like quality 1911's.

And I normally don't point stuff like this out, I think you mean "They're a hero"? As in they are, instead of "Their" which implies ownership of something: "Oh that is their 1911".

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Springfield makes more firearms than just the Saint and the M1A. Dick's is doing away with "Sporting rifles".

And I normally don't point stuff like this out, I think you mean "They're a hero"? As in they are, instead of "Their" which implies ownership of something: "Oh that is their 1911".

I don't think I've seen any Dicks that sell handguns.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Dicks doesn’t sell handguns, and hasn’t for years.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It is just Springfield Armory jumping on an opportunity to try and get on our good side.

Not going to work for me.

Springfield and Rock River tried to cut out a carve out with the Illl legislature over tightening restrictions on FFLs, got caught.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    This may be more significant than most here seem to realize. Dick's owns approximately 35 Field & Stream stores. According the F&S website, they carry a full line of firearms, including Springfield handguns.

It may just be a raindrop in a river, but if Ruger, Glock, S&W, etc. all follow suit, this could really, really hurt.

Maybe the gun community needs to start contacting the manufacturers urging them to join in SA and stop doing business with Dick's.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It is just Springfield Armory jumping on an opportunity to try and get on our good side.

Not going to work for me.

Springfield and Rock River tried to cut out a carve out with the Illl legislature over tightening restrictions on FFLs, got caught.

Though in the end the bill was vetoed and withstood a veto override. Still doesn't let SA off the hook

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Soooo..... One company basically says we are no longer going to sell your products. So the response is, fine we aren't going to do business with you anymore..... And their a hero??

Oh you want to break up, well I didn't like you anyway.

This post sums up my feelings exactly. Well said.

Top Bottom