• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Down about $4 dollars a share over the last month and about $20 a share over the last year. I haven’t shopped there since the Sandy Hook/ Troy AR debacle, so I really hope it keeps dropping.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If I were an executive dick I'd just shut down the firearms altogether in the stores. Make some noise about how they are all about saving the children (while selling child sized football gear, dangerous skateboards, rollerskates, and bicycles...). Maybe they see a boost in soccer mom sales, maybe they continue down the inevitable road of being swallowed up by amazon. Seems to me like they want to have their cake and eat it too. They don't want to lose the fudd gun sales, but they also want to be cool with the hogg crowd. Make a stand and go with it. Let the market decide whether you made the right choice to get political. I hope dunham's starts gaining ground on them and swallows them like dicks swallowed galyans.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I agree, they should have done away with all guns and ammo and spun it the right way. Now suppliers are pulling out and it puts a negative light on Dicks go even liberal share holders. I think Mossberg will be a pretty big blow they didn’t expect.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The issue with firearms manufacturers ... how many sell direct to Dick's and/or Field & Stream stores?

I'm guessing very very very few.

The sales are handled through distribution companies - much like alcohol is here in Indiana. The retailers purchase through the distributors.

What really needs to happen is that the distributors need to stop doing business with them (if legally allowed from a potential contract standpoint). That won't happen, however, because the distributors need/want to make money, too.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Dick's has made it pretty clear they don't seriously want to be in the firearms business anymore (in a meaningful way).

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Down about $4 dollars a share over the last month and about $20 a share over the last year. I haven’t shopped there since the Sandy Hook/ Troy AR debacle, so I really hope it keeps dropping.

Wonder why i have seen NO comments about 'Dick's banned ARs after Sandyhook but somewhere along the line quietly added them back to their lineup....ONLY to ban the again.'. Why is no one reporting on that?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The issue with firearms manufacturers ... how many sell direct to Dick's and/or Field & Stream stores?

I'm guessing very very very few.

The sales are handled through distribution companies - much like alcohol is here in Indiana. The retailers purchase through the distributors.

What really needs to happen is that the distributors need to stop doing business with them (if legally allowed from a potential contract standpoint). That won't happen, however, because the distributors need/want to make money, too.

The Firearms manufacturers, while htey may not deal directly with Dick's...will get a major black eye in a year if they are found to have product on the shelves. I'd say they can shut down distributor sales in that manner.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Either somebody is using their shotgun really wrong, or there should be a recall. Mossberg needs to step up and do the right thing on this, men shouldn't have to shrivel in fear...what? Oh. OHHH. Ahhhh, ok. Yeah, that makes more sense. Carry on.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Wonder why i have seen NO comments about 'Dick's banned ARs after Sandyhook but somewhere along the line quietly added them back to their lineup....ONLY to ban the again.'. Why is no one reporting on that?

Dick's didn't sell ar's, Field and Stream stores, which dick's bought/opened, did sell them still tho. They never put them back in Dick's retail stores.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I think to actually answer that, you'd have to know how independent the Field & Stream subsidiary is. Dick's didn't add the rifles back, they own F&S which has sold them since they opened.

On a side note, Field & Stream has no connection to the magazine with the same name. That also seems dirty on Dick's part. Surely they did that on purpose, mooching the goodwill and brand cache of what's probably the most famous hunting/fishing magazine out there. I'm surprised that's not a lawsuit yet. Or is it?

https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-and-stream-is-not-affiliated-with-dicks-sporting-goods

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think to actually answer that, you'd have to know how independent the Field & Stream subsidiary is. Dick's didn't add the rifles back, they own F&S which has sold them since they opened.

On a side note, Field & Stream has no connection to the magazine with the same name. That also seems dirty on Dick's part. Surely they did that on purpose, mooching the goodwill and brand cache of what's probably the most famous hunting/fishing magazine out there. I'm surprised that's not a lawsuit yet. Or is it?

https://www.fieldandstream.com/field-and-stream-is-not-affiliated-with-dicks-sporting-goods

I didn’t realize they weren’t the same. I’m glad you pointed this out, I was gonna cancel my subscription after this thread. And it does seem dirty on their part. Very dirty dicks.

Top Bottom