• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Well I went to Parabellum yesterday to pick up a receiver. It came in last week, and when after I filled out my paperwork I was delayed. I was not surprised because I have been delayed before and no problems. But this time the guy behind the counter (nice guy by the way) said that NICS had just called, and said I was denied.

I will start the appeal process today, but my immediate concern is what caused this. I pulled credit reports last night thinking that if it was
    identity theft that might be a quick way to check thankfully nothing seemed amiss there. I have no criminal background at least that I know of. My only recent interaction with the police that comes to mind is a chat while in line at the Subway.

Is there a way to find out if the IMPD could have mistaken my identity, and think that I have a warrant? I'm getting pretty nervous here and a little p....d off that I will likely never see my receiver again. It was the last piece that I needed to complete a build.

Any thoughts from you guys?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Loudpedal,

You may have to get a lawyer involved.....I think someone , FBI , ATF, has to provide you with reason and case/facts behind it.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Aaron

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    get a UPIN then it will go right through next time....

I never heard of that before, but I'm Googlin it up right now.

I hope this doesn't involve the mark of the beast or something like that. If my pastor found out about that I'd be in some big trouble.

Seriously though this does look a good idea.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I never heard of that before, but I'm Googlin it up right now.

I hope this doesn't involve the mark of the beast or something like that. If my pastor found out about that I'd be in some big trouble.

Seriously though this does look a good idea.

i was delayed every time till i got mine......i had a FFL too

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The background check system depends on human input....and humans mess up.

Proper people get denied, should be denied people get approved. Shouldn't happen but it does.

Fill this out and submit it (if this wasn't the form you already did) and be patient. This way you'll get a reason why it was denied, hopefully it's just that someone made a mistake somewhere

https://forms.fbi.gov/nics-appeal-request-form

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, I might have an answer for you as this just came up in the office. As part of the new "NICS Fix" that was pushed through recently, a lot of OLD denials are being uploaded into NICS that weren't in there before. As in 1970's old. It's possible someone with your name and DOB was denied 40 years ago, and your denial is based on that one. A pilot from another state contacted us because he's denied for a car theft arrest in 1979. It's not him, it's a guy from a different state, but name and DOB match. He's got to contact the FBI with the info and show it's not him. The old files apparently didn't match by height/weight/ssn/eye color/etc. so the fact they have different SSN and eye color is irrelevant as far as the system is concerned.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase#/vw/Search

Search yourself, and you'll see any court case against you, including those in warrant status. Unless it's sealed, but that's very rare.

I checked on myself for the fun of it. It has my "following too closely" ticket on there from 2015. I am the only person I have ever known to get a ticket for following too closely. It was on I-465 in heavy traffic. Not sure how we weren't all "following too closely".:)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I checked on myself for the fun of it. It has my "following too closely" ticket on there from 2015. I am the only person I have ever known to get a ticket for following too closely. It was on I-465 in heavy traffic. Not sure how we weren't all "following too closely".:)

Ha, not just you.. 9-21-8-14/IFC: Following too Closely ...

I did a deferral on mine.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ha, not just you.. 9-21-8-14/IFC: Following too Closely ...

I did a deferral on mine.

I should have fought it or at least deferred it but I was thinking that type of infraction shouldn't be too expensive. Wrong again Greg. It right around $200. Ouch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I got one of those on I-69 North several years ago. An idiot was trying to lane jump his way through traffic in the morning rush. On his 3rd attempt to cut me off I put my bumper 6"s off his and stayed there to let him know of my intent to kill him if he did not stop his Bravo Sierra. In doing this I drew the attention af a Stae Trooper that saw no humor in my actions.
    I told him I was not trying to be funny. He responded with a Ticket even after he admitted he saw the butt head driving like an idiot.

Top Bottom