• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    You can take a Sig SB 15 brace and fold the bottom pieces inward and then wrap the Velcro tight and significantly make that ugly back end smaller and more useful. That's legal, eh? Not a modification? Not crossing that blurry line?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd say that entirely depends on the officer who decides to attempt to enforce such a law.

Almost entirely sure it'd be thrown out in court because you didn't modify the device, but a cop may decide he wants to ruin your day over it, so YMMV.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Why don't you email the ATF and ask them? What are you going to tell them if you get jammed up because you've done this and they decide that it's a modification that effectively turns the arm brace into a stock? You gonna tell them, "Well, these guys on INGO said it was probably ok."

Or you could just pay $200 and put any kind of stock that you want on it.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Forget Sig, Shockwave is the thing now. And MUUUUUUUCH cheaper.

kak-shockwave-blade-pistol-stabilizer-black-stock-ar15discounts_861_x700.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You can take a Sig SB 15 brace and fold the bottom pieces inward and then wrap the Velcro tight and significantly make that ugly back end smaller and more useful. That's legal, eh? Not a modification? Not crossing that blurry line?
    Legal until you posted intent on the world wide web. Just as the dumb asses that kept badgering the ATF to "clarify" the shouldering issue, if you continue to modify and post, you will attract unwanted attention.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's not a permanent modification. Also last time I checked cops dont enforce federal NFA laws nor would most cops even know what a legal vs illegal gun was.

Unfortunately a bunch side to the illegal, and it's up to you to pay to prove otherwise, just as Point Blank decides to enforce Federal Tax law?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why don't you email the ATF and ask them? What are you going to tell them if you get jammed up because you've done this and they decide that it's a modification that effectively turns the arm brace into a stock? You gonna tell them, "Well, these guys on INGO said it was probably ok."

Or you could just pay $200 and put any kind of stock that you want on it.
    No, just NO! This is why it was legal until it was illegal, and now it's "legal" again barring intent. Just shut the **** up,and let the ruling be!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Easy up people. These idiot rules drive me freaking crazy just like they do every one else. It is all a big pile of happy horse ****.
    In light of the fact we are a monitored site I pulled the pic in the last thread just because.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Easy up people. These idiot rules drive me freaking crazy just like they do every one else. It is all a big pile of happy horse ****.
    In light of the fact we are a monitored site I pulled the pic in the last thread just because.

Yeah...

The ATF letters are what they are. Use your best judgement. Let your conscience be your guide and don't go on the internet stating your intention to circumvent federal law or a what you believe might be federal law/policy.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    Legal until you posted intent on the world wide web. Just as the dumb asses that kept badgering the ATF to "clarify" the shouldering issue, if you continue to modify and post, you will attract unwanted attention.

So true. Zip it guys and just enjoy the darn things. :ugh:

Top Bottom