• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    The VA is starting a program where pain vets will get free pot. IF I were to decide to join that program wouldn't that effect filling out a 4473? Yes I have pain 24/7 but I am not willing to loose my CCW permit. Ideas?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Without a change in federal law (and state law in Indiana), yes, this will be a problem for a 4473. No question. How it affects a LTCH one already holds? Well, any time a person becomes not a "proper person", the license is subject to revocation. A person who is a "drug abuser" is not a "proper person", but as for state law, a person would have to evaluate what the definition of "drug abuser" is in the statute defining it (IC 35-47-1-4). That, I am not going to do lest it start to look like legal advice which I am most definitely not giving.

From whence did you hear about this free pot program?

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/marijuana.asp

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The VA is starting a program where pain vets will get free pot. IF I were to decide to join that program wouldn't that effect filling out a 4473? Yes I have pain 24/7 but I am not willing to loose my CCW permit. Ideas?
    Military retiree, VA employee and patient here. My question is, "WHAT?!!"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Free pot program? From the feds? WTH? Do tell.

You may not loose your Indiana LTCH, but you would become a prohibited person under federal law. You would be unable to possess (NOT just buy) firearms and ammunition.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you loose your CCW, try some Loctite.

I keep my CCW in one of these to make sure it doesn't get loose.

concealed-carry-badge-and-wallet-5.jpg

I have one in 9mm, .45acp, .38 Special and .416 Rigby.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Without a change in federal law (and state law in Indiana), yes, this will be a problem for a 4473. No question. How it affects a LTCH one already holds? Well, any time a person becomes not a "proper person", the license is subject to revocation. A person who is a "drug abuser" is not a "proper person", but as for state law, a person would have to evaluate what the definition of "drug abuser" is in the statute defining it (IC 35-47-1-4). That, I am not going to do lest it start to look like legal advice which I am most definitely not giving.

From whence did you hear about this free pot program?

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/marijuana.asp

Heard about at the VA today. It is a experimental program you will have to sign upper.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom