• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Looks like from the comments that racism is well and alive, actually thriving there.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    These libtard idiots, and I do mean first class idiots at this organization just can’t seem to understand that firearms are inanimate objects. They require a human being to operate them, aim them, and squeeze the trigger to fire them. Unfortunately the human beings that should be the target of this group are all criminals and mentally deranged worthless beings who should not even be classified as human beings because that is an insult to us human beings who own, use and enjoy firearms legally and with no intent of doing any harm to anyone. Remember, Adam Lanza of Newtown, CT murdered his own mother, stole her firearms and then killed those innocent children. Shortly thereafter this organization was born and created a name symbolic of the Newtown school shooting. The idiots in this organization still can’t understand these facts.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hhhmmm, this individual has problems with Doomberg's Place, but I'm not sure what he's talking about in some of this... my comments are in dark blue.

Cons
    Extremely abusive workplace practices, including but not limited to:
    - Rampant racism (this I understand, this is bad)
    - No valid reporting mechanism for harassment (also bad)
    - Very corporate "open office" environment inappropriate for highly sensitive work (What?)
    - Mere lip service paid to self-care (Is this hygiene? I dunno...)
    - Poorly trained mangers prone to gas-lighting (Making people think they are insane is something that happens there or does gas-lighting mean something else now?)
    - High turnaround with very little structure to transfer work on a rapid basis (what the actual **** does this mean?)
    - Little to no transparency (it's opaque?)
    - Constant meetings with no privacy (meetings... by their nature... aren't... private... just sayin)
    - Little regard for the effects of long hours spent on highly traumatizing subject matter (are they lurking INGO? Need more info!)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    . It is extremely top-down with leadership making decisions without experience, knowledge or understanding of the realities in the field.

Well, that is the "anti-gun" model. Top down. and no understanding.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Many of those complaints sound like the kind of inevitable griping you get when you hire hyper do-gooder SJW types.

Does make me happy to hear that the employees of an anti-civil rights organization hate their jobs, though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    But I thought that everytown was a grassroots organization. I would have assumed that people were volunteering their time.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I have gone with...Fire Brick.
    Hhhmmm, this individual has problems with Doomberg's Place, but I'm not sure what he's talking about in some of this... my comments are in dark blue.

Cons
    Extremely abusive workplace practices, including but not limited to:
    - Rampant racism (this I understand, this is bad)
    - No valid reporting mechanism for harassment (also bad)
    - Very corporate "open office" environment inappropriate for highly sensitive work (What?)Not sure what is sensitive about their work, but open office means no walls/cubicles, just you and everyone else with, hopefully, some sort of white-noise-esque generator to keep you from hearing *everything* being said by anyone.
    - Mere lip service paid to self-care (Is this hygiene? I dunno...) "We want you to have a healthy work/life balance and we're going to need you to put in 132 hours this week."
    - Poorly trained mangers prone to gas-lighting (Making people think they are insane is something that happens there or does gas-lighting mean something else now?)"You know you promised to have that done today (when you did no such thing)."
    - High turnaround with very little structure to transfer work on a rapid basis (what the actual **** does this mean?)Guessing they mean turnover.
    - Little to no transparency (it's opaque?)
    - Constant meetings with no privacy (meetings... by their nature... aren't... private... just sayin)Unless you are meeting with a manager/HR about performance/a personal matter and everyone gets to listen in thanks to the open office layout.
    - Little regard for the effects of long hours spent on highly traumatizing subject matter (are they lurking INGO? Need more info!) I know it has been rough for me when it is a slow day and I'm looking for stuff to read while processes finish.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    "Cons

...Many senior leaders are gun owners or are protected by armed security.

Advice to Management

Stop living the lie and give up your guns and private security! Also you should get tested for H.I.V. You know who you are."

:laugh:

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Being "well paid" in a not-for-profit??? Say it is not so. It appears that even the liberal folks cannot get along.

Does this surprise???

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I can only hope it gets worse for them, much much worse. When it becomes insufferable maybe they'll try to do something useful with their lives.

Top Bottom