• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Gander Outdoors, the Gander Mountain 2.0 is now open in Castleton in the same location and it's actually........GREAT! Prices are very reasonable on both firearms and ammo. I bought a Ruger Rimfire Precision for $379.00 and that's when no one else even had them in stock. They have a ton of outdoor stuff under the roof as well. It reminds me of, dare I say, Galyan's but with reasonable prices. If you have not been there lately I'd suggest you go check them out, it's mighty quiet in there when I go and I'm sure they would love to see you INGO folks. I know that Gander Mtn left a VERY bad taste in our wallets before but this newer, nicer, Gander is worth a visit.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Very nice selection too, especially the rifles..even have a DP-12 in FDE on display. Lots of accessories too. I’m very happy to have them back.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Stopped by on Saturday and have to say it was nice to see the store with more stuff, much at more reasonable prices, and a sales staff that was actually helpful.

Yes Spear Dane, black rifles too, as well as Tavors, and other "evil looking" weapons.

Nice selection of pistols too.

Goldbomb79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I’ve noticed there prices are more comparable to what you can find in other stores. It’s what they should have done in the first place and maybe they wouldn’t have went under?

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Yes pricing is very similar to Walmart on ammo and the selection is much more vast. If they can keep this up I think they will have a winner on their hands. My only concern is that the store seems to have very little traffic so far and I’m wondering if people are willing to give them a second chance.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Admittedly, I've purchased several different flavors of .22lr and 9mm at the new Greenfield location. Prices on what I bought were .01-.05 cents higher per round than cheapest online resource. ...could be worse I guess...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ve noticed there prices are more comparable to what you can find in other stores. It’s what they should have done in the first place and maybe they wouldn’t have went under?

They are not under the same ownership. The name was bought.

That said, I wish the one in Avon had been purchased and opened by the new entity. It was originally on some of the lists published regarding re-opening, but it did not make the cut.

I'm glad to hear they have some decent prices now. I've heard a couple of folks report that recently.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I find myself agreeing less and less with Trump as time goes by. I do support stores that do not take active stances against our rights, Trump has literally made statements against the 2A while Camping World only made statements against the president.

Top Bottom