• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Who takes online payments for firearms related transactions and what service providers do you use or recommend. This has been a struggle for me. Some are anti gun. Lots of horror stories online about huge termination fees after you figure out the regular fees are horrible. Just trying to save myself some grief. Thanks in advance!

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Are none of my Ingo business advertisers willing to share? I know someone is selling on gunbroker/eBay or has a website and takes charge cards. I’m good with PMs if you don’t want your personal business out for all I’m just trying to keep from making any rookie mistakes.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That's getting to be a bit of a sticky wicket as more banks and other financial institutions are taking political stands against the second amendment communities. Your master card or Visa should still work, but be aware some banks may be tracking gun related purchases.
    I myself don't worry about it too much. Any time my credit union wants to share any opinion with me about my purchases, I'll be more than willing to take my money elsewhere. That pretty much goes for anyone who receives money from me. I'm funny that way.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Looks like there's a business opportunity for a small regional bank to become the nationwide leader in this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can say avoid Intuit/Quickbooks and Square. Both are rabid anti gun.

Intuit just screwed Gunsite. They were told by Intuit that their credit card processing account was suspended, They were holding monies charged to cards but not transferred to the merchant's bank yet, and reversing any of those charges they could to the cardholders. (even for product already shipped/consumed) All because they were selling icky gun related services. Not because they were selling directly to customers per se (FFLs and 4473s were always involved when necessary) but because they were a gun related business. Nothing more. despicable.

Its one thing to cancel an account and forbid any further transactions. But to cancel transactions after the fact? I hope they are sued and lose. They deserve it.

Intiut screwed me years ago (removing included features from product after the fact and making them subscription based) so I am not at ALL surprised.

Intuit QuickBooks Severs Ties with Gunsite Academy, Reverses Tens of Thousands in Credit Card Charges. Because Guns - The Truth About Guns

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can say avoid Intuit/Quickbooks and Square. Both are rabid anti gun.

Intuit just screwed Gunsite. They were told by Intuit that their credit card processing account was suspended, They were holding monies charged to cards but not transferred to the merchant's bank yet, and reversing any of those charges they could to the cardholders. (even for product already shipped/consumed) All because they were selling icky gun related services. Not because they were selling directly to customers per se (FFLs and 4473s were always involved when necessary) but because they were a gun related business. Nothing more. despicable.

Its one thing to cancel an account and forbid any further transactions. But to cancel transactions after the fact? I hope they are sued and lose. They deserve it.

Intiut screwed me years ago (removing included features from product after the fact and making them subscription based) so I am not at ALL surprised.

Intuit QuickBooks Severs Ties with Gunsite Academy, Reverses Tens of Thousands in Credit Card Charges. Because Guns - The Truth About Guns

I don't see how they could reverse charges for product that had already shipped. That's just flat out theft and they should be more than sued... someone should be in the pokey for that.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't see how they could reverse charges for product that had already shipped. That's just flat out theft and they should be more than sued... someone should be in the pokey for that.

A few years ago the Feds told a few banks they were to large to fail, they and their friends all act like it...

M

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A few years ago the Feds told a few banks they were to large to fail, they and their friends all act like it...

M
    Well in this case, I don't think it was the bank that was the issue, but rather Intuit, which I think is basically a broker between the merchant and the credit card companies/banks. But yeah I get your point!

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I think we are getting off track. I’m trying to find merchant services that I can use to receive payments from customers online for firearms related purchases. Some will not allow without a ffl even though I don’t sell actual firearms. Some allow point of sale or ftf transactions but nothing online.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    What about Square? I don’t know of any off hand, but I think GunBroker has a checkout system that buyers can use. Merchants have to set payment up with one of half different options. When I sell catalogs on GunBroker and buyer wants to PayPal I make them send it as a gift so they don’t take a fee.

Only thing comes to mind was the GunPal debacle over a decade ago. That took me for little over a hundred, but not as bad as some.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    What about Square? I don’t know of any off hand, but I think GunBroker has a checkout system that buyers can use. Merchants have to set payment up with one of half different options. When I sell catalogs on GunBroker and buyer wants to PayPal I make them send it as a gift so they don’t take a fee.

Only thing comes to mind was the GunPal debacle over a decade ago. That took me for little over a hundred, but not as bad as some.
    Square is as anti gun as PayPal is but yes two of the six options that gunbroker list are the ones I’m referencing.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    I'm really surprised no one has started up an alternative that is 2A friendly.
    Outside of doing some creative stuff using crypto, I can't think of anyone... and come to think of it, you would have to be super careful about that to keep all the tax stuff in order...

Top Bottom