• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    Not sure if this is in the right area. If not, mods, please move or remove. Some of you have reached out to me as I'm in Noblesville. My son was
    in school and 2 doors from the shooting. Thankfully he is physically safe but pretty shook up. My son has been around firearms most of his life and handled it well. He helped calm his fellow classmates when things went bad. I appreciate those that had concern here and reached out. To those of you I don't really know here, take time and hug your kids a little tighter. I can't get my head around what makes these kids pick up a gun and walk in and start shooting other kids. I'm interested to see the backstory here on this kid that did it. Pray for Coach Seeman and the young girl that were shot. Pray for the teachers and kids to help them heal, and pray for those that need it to get through this tragedy. Pray for the First responders that rushed in not knowing what they would face. First thing my son told his mother and I "Bad people do bad things, but there were hundreds more doing good things today". Couldn't be prouder of the whole community and how the handled it.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    My son goes to East. We know a ton of kids from West between scouts and soccer. I saw some pretty shaken up kids getting picked from school when I got my son. I hope your son is sleeping well and able to cope with all of this. I’m really worried what the long term effects for some will be. We’re trying to keep our son busy this weekend so he doesn’t try to dwell on it. He was surprised it was a student that did the shooting when he found out. He said the school hadn’t told them that part. Good luck man.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    It was surreal when I got the call from the Noblesville school system that there was an active shooter in one of the schools. My son goes to one of the the elementary schools and a thousand things go through your head. I'm glad your son is ok and that they were no fatalities that day, my son was scared and I want to make sure that we talk and he knows that I would anything to keep him safe so he can go to school without having to worry about it. I would like to know some ideas or what can I do to positively contribute to the safety of my sons school.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I will say this. The teacher that stopped the miscreant murderer-in-training deserves a medal and a parade. The school should be named for him.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Latest news today indicated that the little maggot is 13 years old and because of his age and Indiana law he might remain in the “juvenile justice system”! There was a hint that he obtained the two pistols from his parent’s home and that the parents might face charges. I say immediately arrest the parents and charge them accordingly. This would send a message to the lazy and ignorant parents who do not secure their weapons. I’m tired of hearing stories like this. Remember Adam Lanza in Newtown killed his own mother, stole her weapons and shot and killed all those innocents in Newtown. The only difference here is that this little idiot didn’t kill his parents. I’m sorry, in this instance lock up the parents peaceful Noblesville be damned. This event can happen anywhere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Latest news today indicated that the little maggot is 13 years old and because of his age and Indiana law he might remain in the “juvenile justice system”! There was a hint that he obtained the two pistols from his parent’s home and that the parents might face charges. I say immediately arrest the parents and charge them accordingly. This would send a message to the lazy and ignorant parents who do not secure their weapons. I’m tired of hearing stories like this. Remember Adam Lanza in Newtown killed his own mother, stole her weapons and shot and killed all those innocents in Newtown. The only difference here is that this little idiot didn’t kill his parents. I’m sorry, in this instance lock up the parents peaceful Noblesville be damned. This event can happen anywhere.

How do you keep a 13 year old from accessing a gun? Mandatory gun safe with combination locks?

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    It is a welcome change to see all the focus on the heroes and victims, as opposed to a kid that was likely copycatting to be "famous". The No Notoriety group has some pretty decent ideas about this...

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Bad Idea (bgcatty) going after the parents, blame the kid, he is old enough to know what he was doing. Knee jerk reactions like the post I am responding to is why we have stupid laws in general. So you would have us be required by law to lock our firearms away from say anyone under 18? So, when (not if) a home intruder kills an entire family because the high school age son couldn't have access to the families firearms to help defend would you second guess your post? I say never blame anyone, except the perp.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How do you keep a 13 year old from accessing a gun? Mandatory gun safe with combination locks?

That would be for the individual parents to solve, but they are just as responsible in the shooting as the would be if he took their car and hit someone, IMHO.

It is a welcome change to see all the focus on the heroes and victims, as opposed to a kid that was likely copycatting to be "famous". The No Notoriety group has some pretty decent ideas about this...

Refreshing to be discussing a hero...

M

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That would be for the individual parents to solve, but they are just as responsible in the shooting as the would be if he took their car and hit someone, IMHO.

So how do you keep a 13 year old from taking the car?

You'd be in favor of a law criminally punishing the parents of a teen who stole the family car and hit somebody?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So how do you keep a 13 year old from taking the car?

You'd be in favor of a law criminally punishing the parents of a teen who stole the family car and hit somebody?

Man we would have been in so much trouble. We never hit anyone but we did creep out in some parents cars. 14 and older.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville

Refreshing to be discussing a hero...

M

I'm uncomfortable jumping straight to criminal liability ( not to mention even civil liability) for the parents until we get some more facts about just how the little turd got his hands on the guns. The antis would love it if everyone who had a gun stolen from them and used in a crime could be held civilly or criminally liable as a matter of course.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm uncomfortable jumping straight to criminal liability ( not to mention even civil liability) for the parents until we get some more facts about just how the little turd got his hands on the guns. The antis would love it if everyone who had a gun stolen from them and used in a crime could be held civilly or criminally liable as a matter of course.
    ^^^This^^^ Unless it could be proven that they were grossly negligent, as in they gave him the guns. I was reading numerous comments on FB from both anti's and alleged gunowners (one was allegedly ex-LEO, lifetime NRA member, "been around guns all my life") that were all pushing for storage laws. The (allegedly) ex-LEO was crowing about being able to have his loaded weapon in his hand in 3 seconds or less because he used a biometric safe beside his bed. Um, yeah... unless there is a software/hardware glitch, or your batteries have gone dead. I would never trust biometric for anything more important than maybe unlocking a cell phone. Sure not going to trust my life to a couple of AA batteries, no matter what the Duracell commercials say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom