• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    I have owned over 20 Glocks (since 1990s) and have not had one single malfunction of any kind...no FTE, FTF, BTF, etc...nothing. I have seen YouTube videos of people having problems with Glocks (most was not stock). I do not think they are the best pistols in the world...there is none. But for me they work....every time. :rockwoot:

1.JPG

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    They are ugly, and boring, but damned if they don't work! My 19 is what I find myself carrying 90% of the time.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    They are “boring” for sure, but I wouldn’t carry anything else. I bought a 43 the other day. It was probably the least excited I’ve ever been about purchasing a firearm, but it will be extremely handy as a backup to my 17 or 19. Plus, I’m hoping it will be more convenient to carry while mowing the lawn or other mundane things when around the property when I don’t really feel like carrying the 26 around.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It took me years, and I mean years to warm up to the Glock.
    I currently own 6, and 4 of those are "special editions, or limited runs". Of the 6, 5 have FDE frames and black slides.

Anyway I have owned in neighborhood of 14 total, two were chambered in .357 Sig. I had a 31 and 32 both. My current ones are all Gen 3 and 9MM with the exception of a Lipsey's 23 gen 4. .40S&W.
    At one time and in a short time frame I owned 2 different Gen 4 19's, both threw brass to my face. One of them I spent some time and money on to get it fixed, it ended up being much better but still not 100%.
    Besides those issues, I have never had one jam or misbehave in any other way.

My current EDC is a Vicker's 17 9MM.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I own just one. It is a 19 gen2 and it just sits in the safe these days. It was my first pistol when I reached legal age and I bought it at Don's Guns. It needs to go back to the factory for the recall that it never had done to it.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have owned a literal pile of them since the early 90's when I turned 21. I would buy one or two and carry and shoot them until the next pistol I had to have showed up on the shelf. Then I would sell or trade the Glock for whatever I was wanting. Now I have only Glocks for my EDC. I have several revolvers that I use at the range and hunt with, but my defensive pistols are Glock 9mm's. They have outperformed everything else I have owned.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    There is no denying that Glock is a very reliable platform, I had several over the years and a few thousand round through them. I had malfunctions but like any other mechanical device it has to happen sometime, as long you do your part the handgun will function and possibly some day save your life.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    At one time and in a short time frame I owned 2 different Gen 4 19's, both threw brass to my face.

That was an ejector issue with the early Gen 4 guns. We had that issue with our 17s until we replaced the extractors with the updated version on 90 of them.

The guns never failed before we switched the ejectors, it’s that the ejection was extremely inconsistent and you’d occasionally get brass hitting you in the face.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm so invested in the platform it's not even funny. So no switching from it, but carry a 17 or a 19 daily, so only makes sense. Only gun I've known I can trust to go bang through anything. YMMV, I'm much better with the SAO sig or a 1911 though. Going to put a new to me walther P99 through the ringer soon though.....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Gen 3 with a WML is the only one I've had issues with.

That said, Glock is hardly unique in running for tens of thousands of rounds reliably.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Gen 3 with a WML is the only one I've had issues with.

That said, Glock is hardly unique in running for tens of thousands of rounds reliably.

Yes, that is true, and that is partly why I like them. I think they have the fewest parts per pistol of any other pistol on the market, accessories and parts availability a big plus too. What sets them apart for me is it is a truly modular pistol, some can be made into 4 calibers with just replacing the barrel and mags and there are several aftermarket systems to turn them into a carbine, I happen to like the Mech Tech system (have 2).

Top Bottom