• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I had the privilege of providing some basic handgun safety and technique instruction to a friend of the family’s girlfriend today. She recently graduated from college and just rented her first place on her own. Even though she had never fired a gun before (she’s from the Chicago-land area), she recognized that having, and knowing how to use, a firearm would be her best option in a home defense situation.

she was a fantastic student, kept all rounds on the paper, and committed no safety violations. We did start out on a Ruger SR22, but quickly progressed to the 9mm Shield, Glock 17, Taurus 82, and a S&W 640. She seemed to prefer the Shield.

My advice if you want gain more 2A friendly young adults, quit arguing with the snowflakes on Twitter and take a new shooter to the range.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Agreed, we have to do our part to clear the ignorance from good people. Most folks just simply don't know any better. Since I started dating my fiancee, she has since started shooting and has her own small collection. I take her, her sister and father shooting on a regular basis now. I have even started converting her extended famliy! They are all from the south Ch***go suburbs and as you can imagine, had no interest in anything pro gun. All it took was articulating my view and getting them to the range a single time. Now my future fil won't shut up about how bad he wants a 50 bmg.. the entire family now has their foid working on their ccl. Only one cousin remains to be converted, and of course she thinks shes antifa.:xmad:

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    My sister from NYC was anti gun and afraid until she visited a few years ago. We took her shooting and she had a great time and her eyes opened. Unfortunately in NY it's near impossible to own a gun. But her view has changed

Top Bottom