• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    So I just bought an Ak47, made in the USA....by Palmetto stateand.....covered in Magpul furniture. First things first, it was a $500 gun, I’m not expecting much, and after watching some torture tests, I figured why not, the Magpul stock and handguard alone are $100 each.

I think the most surprising thing is, I ordered it yesterday and it’s already shipped! If you’ve shopped PSA before, you know how amazing that is!

never owned an AK before and have shot a few, anyone else have a Gen2 PSAK47?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    At least it's been established that PSA uses billet trunions and bolts, not cast pot metal crap like Century or IO. To the best of my knowledge, there is nobody in the United States currently set up to forge AK components. This is due to a combination of extremely high up front cost, low demand, and a previously plentiful supply of overseas parts kits with forged components. Word is that Kalashnikov USA is going to change that in the next couple of years.

The PSA AK still hasn't been sold in huge numbers and extensively tested on the market, but it's already clear that they aren't making it out of pot metal like certain other domestic AKs. Right now, I'd take it over any other US-built AKs that aren't parts kit guns.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I have one and I like it. It is fairly accurate for an AK and seems pretty sturdy. My only complaint is the tail on the back of the bolt carrier and recess inside the push button on the end of the recoil spring hit each other. I may have to file both down just a tiny bit. I got the Zhukov one for $499 some months ago. Overall I like it. I am thinking about replacing the Zhukov furniture with Hogue stuff, I just like hogue better. So if anybody wants some discounted magpul furniture...

I think you will have fun with the rifle. There are a few design touches that are pretty good, its not a flimsily made AK like an IO or Ras47 or anything century makes themselves as opposed to importing from Cugir or Zastava.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Pick it up today and I’m pretty impressed so far. Everything looks good, but to be honest this is my first dip into the AK realm so I don’t even know what to look for. But the trigger feels good and the action is really smooth!

It’s currently hiding in the basement from the wife!
    d315fa8e3b81d70b2e9cbab7dd5ff8e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom