• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Word has come down from corporate that full auto will no longer be allowed at Point Blank, as well as binaries or anything else that provides multiple shots. No one seems to know why, just that as of the 28th this is effective. If you want to voice your displeasure I would suggest respectful emails to corporate in Ohio. Don't shoot the messenger, I just thought it best to air it here before being turned away after driving to the range to shoot.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Word has come down from corporate that full auto will no longer be allowed at Point Blank, as well as binaries or anything else that provides multiple shots. No one seems to know why, just that as of the 28th this is effective. If you want to voice your displeasure I would suggest respectful emails to corporate in Ohio. Don't shoot the messenger, I just thought it best to air it here before being turned away after driving to the range to shoot.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&]Aron Bright[/FONT]

For some reason, I thought they already banned firing more than so many rounds a few seconds? "Rapid fire" or whatever... maybe I'm thinking of Atterbury.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Never been there and I don't even know where one is but they shouldn't make restrictive rules against gun owners. We don't need that right now.
    So technically it shouldn't have any affect on me but it does affect us as a whole.

I just feel bad for the poor stop signs that will soon need replaced. :rolleyes:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The range is sick and tired of the ceiling being shot?

I have absolutely no doubt about that. Of course, no INGO member would ever do anything like that or shoot in any manner that might be considered unsafe. However, somehow, inexplicably, idiots own guns and, though they can't find their @$$ with both hands, they do find their way to ranges. "Rapid fire" has never been allowed at any range I've been to. I've seen guys thrown out of the old Atterbury range for doing it and saw a guy get his butt chewed by a range officer at Crosley on our last trip. He was shooting a pistol as fast as you could say bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang. I'm thinking a double-tap or maybe even a triple would have been overlooked. Six or seven was not! Prohibiting rapid fire is a plus in my mind. Allowing it would keep me away.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Every light has been shot out multiple times. Most don't even have the covers any more.

The cables that work the target trolleys get shot out and then that lane is down and it costs a lot.

The hardware at the end of the range took an awful beating.

The walls are slowly being eaten away.

Not to mention that the sprinkler system has been shot out at least once.

Just way to expensive. (I would imagine... ;) )

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Every light has been shot out multiple times. Most don't even have the covers any more.

The cables that work the target trolleys get shot out and then that lane is down and it costs a lot.

This.

I don't blame the range for trying to restrict damage to their range. And some of the stuff you see at a public range...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

It really gets that bad?

Well ****. Another reason we can't have nice things.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, shoot.

They had just ended their stupid stamp inspection requirement too.

Glad I never went through with buying that annual membership.

I guess I’m back in the market for an indoor range nearish to the NW side of Indy that allows full auto.

Is Parabellum still a good place to shoot down in Avon/Plainfield?

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I shoot at the Point Blank on the west side of Cincy. Everything that Crispy said is true. There are even holes in the dividers between the bays. They have been repairing alot lately, but people tear it up as fast as PBW fixes it.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Well, shoot.

They had just ended their stupid stamp inspection requirement too.

Glad I never went through with buying that annual membership.

I guess I’m back in the market for an indoor range nearish to the NW side of Indy that allows full auto.

Is Parabellum still a good place to shoot down in Avon/Plainfield?

I've shot Parabellum a lot, and I like them. Though most of the time I go out to Proteq and shoot. Parabellum for me is for winter shooting.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Honestly I've not seen that many people come in with full auto weapons. To my knowledge nothing has happened at PB Greenwood to cause this but obviously something happened somewhere.
    We do have to "ride herd" on people to keep them from shooting the floors, walls, ceiling you name it. I'm stunned every time I work at the lack of knowledge at least 90% of the people in the range have of basics of firearms safety and pistol shooting.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom