• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm 61, and still have the Sheridan Blue Streak that Dad bought me when I was 13. But technology has come a long way. Picked up a Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1 in .22 cal. On sale at Cabela’s.

The farmer who I rent a house from in Minnesota is waging war against rabbits who are waging war on his grapevines. He knows I like guns, and he is a real life Elmer Fudd when it comes to rabbits. Told me to get rid of them (the rabbits, not the guns). But firearms are not an option, still inside city limits. Thus the air rifle. Anyway, looks like a little hasenpfeffer may be in my future. I have a second floor den with windows on three sides and 40 yds to the front gate. Sighted the new Gamo in this afternoon. Head shots won't be a problem. It is surprisingly accurate for an air rifle.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A couple of years ago my brother talked me into going to an auction with him.
    I really had no plans to purchase anything, but we all know how that goes.

Anyway, a break-barrel airgun caught my eye and ended up coming home with me.
    It is a Mendoza brand .22cal. I don't know the model number, but the thing is very accurate, and hard-hitting.
    It's dropped it's share of bunnies and squirrels in the past couple of years.

I was curious, so when I got home I Googled Mendoza airguns.
    Turns out the Mendoza family is somewhat diversified.
    One branch of the family builds and sells airguns.
    Another branch runs an international drug cartel.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I love me some rabbit. So easy to field dress and the meat is so good.
    Carve, flatten, season the breast. Place a few fat, juicy prunes and your favorite herbs along spine of breast. Roll tightly and tie with butchers twine. Braise. Slice. Serve with roasted potatoes and sauteed veggies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I love me some rabbit. So easy to field dress and the meat is so good.
    Carve, flatten, season the breast. Place a few fat, juicy prunes and your favorite herbs along spine of breast. Roll tightly and tie with butchers twine. Braise. Slice. Serve with roasted potatoes and sauteed veggies.

Bunny don't got no breast. Whatchootalkinbout, Willis?

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I'm 61, and still have the Sheridan Blue Streak that Dad bought me when I was 13...

Same age as you and also got my first and only air gun about the same time. Still remember the Sportsman's Enterprise trip to purchase it and as much as Father tried to steer me towards the Sheridan, I just couldn't be swayed, got the .22 Benjamin. Of all my guns that have come and gone over the years, this too has survived tucked away in it's original now tattered box.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have an air rifle I've seen kill birds at 100 yards. I don't think I've shot it more than a dozen times. I inherited it. For me, I have a small back yard so a suppressed 22 is actually quieter than the air rifle

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    A couple of years ago my brother talked me into going to an auction with him.
    I really had no plans to purchase anything, but we all know how that goes.

Anyway, a break-barrel airgun caught my eye and ended up coming home with me.
    It is a Mendoza brand .22cal. I don't know the model number, but the thing is very accurate, and hard-hitting.
    It's dropped it's share of bunnies and squirrels in the past couple of years.

I was curious, so when I got home I Googled Mendoza airguns.
    Turns out the Mendoza family is somewhat diversified.
    One branch of the family builds and sells airguns.
    Another branch runs an international drug cartel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBPeRqi3v0

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had a lot of fun sighting it in. Set up a target at about 30 yds, got it shooting under an inch. 4 bunnies in the freezer, saving it for when one of my fishing/hunting buddies comes up to visit.

Last edited:

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    These new air rifles are powerful as well. The pellet gun I plinked with as a kid was accurate enough for tin cans, but rarely punched through both sides. As an adult, I found myself with a barnful of sparrows and starlings. I bought one of these new models and now have a leaky barn roof and still have the dang birds. Maybe a Red Ryder is in my future.......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 2 Gamo's. Bone hunter and another one but the model escapes me. The bone hunter is erratic accuracy wise. Maybe I need to get some "GAMO AMMO".....:):

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have 2 Gamo's. Bone hunter and another one but the model escapes me. The bone hunter is erratic accuracy wise. Maybe I need to get some "GAMO AMMO".....:):

Air rifles can be very picky about the pellet brand. My Gamo air rifles wont shoot Crosman or Daisy pellets with any sort of accuracy but do great with Gamo pellets and decent with H&N and Hatsan brand.

Top Bottom