• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger Dad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    COLUMBUS
    I have been an avid Rural King Gun Barn fan for some time. They have a good selection at great prices. However, as I found out recently Rural King does not care about anything more than the bottom line.

I purchased a graduation gift for my son on 4/13/2018. I inspected it and took it home, putting it up until this Wednesday when he graduated. I proudly presented my oldest son with his present only to find out that there was a complete failure of the trigger, hammer, and strike assembly. Upon researching it I found the needed information about the upgrade that was being issued due to the known issue. I called the manufacturer and they informed me it was a known problem and that they would upgrade it without question. I sent it back and I am awaiting the gun being returned (they said about 2 weeks). My next call was to Rural King. I advised them of the issue and that it was a known issue. The store assistant manager at the Greenwood, IN store could not have cared less. I then called the corporate number and was transferred to Jill Adams who was the supposed head of the FFL and firearms for Rural King Corporate. She told me that she was under the impression that all of these particular pistols had been pulled for the upgrade and this one must have "slipped through the cracks" and she said that if I took it to the store they would be happy to send it back to the manufacturer for me. I told her I was already taking care of that myself but I was very upset that they sold me a firearm with a known issue. She offered no further assistance and so I asked for the name and number of the Rural King legal department. She said nothing and hung up the phone. I then called back the corporate number and spoke with the supposed head of legal for Rural King Corporate. He was an arrogant man named Jason. He told me "guns are inherently dangerous," thanked me for bringing this to his attention and that was the end.

I was not looking for anything and never once requested any compensation. I asked for accountability and requested they find a way to rectify a situation without having to wait for the manufacturer to repair the gun and send it back so my son could enjoy his gift. They simply didbt care at all about customer satisfaction.

I urge everyone to never buy another firearm from Rural King. I am hoping that I can get enough proof of gross negligence on their part to have their FFL revoked. I don't ask for much, just not to be treated like I'm the one who did something wrong when they are selling a defective product.

I forgot to mention they sold me the display model because they told me it was the last one and they were not getting any more yet, when I went back into the store a few days later there was another one in the case and the salesman told me they had several.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    TONY+POPCORN+001.JPG

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I always felt that being frog-marched out the door by management with your new gun aptly set the tone for your post-purchase relationship with Rural King: "Thanks for the money, chump, now you and your gun get the hell outta our store and don't bring it back in here for anything".

Sounds like you got a broke gun, you sent it back to the manufacturer, then you called and complained for no reason except to call and complain.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think you're taking the lack of "give a hoot" from a fairly large corporation way too personally.

I usually try and research the weapon I'm buying before I go and disappoint myself. Not saying this is being handled well but you might be overreacting just a smidgen.

And as a first poster, you're one hell of a popcorn salesman.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Sadly I've found more businesses of late more interested in the bottom line than customer service. Especially ones that are involved with Wall Street are having to spend more on PR to improve their social image instead of actually being a well run / caring business and leadership.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My little sister works at RK, why are you attacking my sister. A better question is why is RK responsible for your failure to properly research your purchase?

With the current war on gun manufacturers, sellers, and owners why should I help you eliminate one?

Welcome to INGO. Try one or two of these. :chillpill::chillpill:

:popcorn:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here's the video. It took about 15 min to find the tooth but we did.

[video=youtube_share;5FMS_bKGzQQ]http://youtu.be/5FMS_bKGzQQ[/video]

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have been an avid Rural King Gun Barn fan for some time. They have a good selection at great prices. However, as I found out recently Rural King does not care about anything more than the bottom line.

I purchased a graduation gift for my son on 4/13/2018. I inspected it and took it home, putting it up until this Wednesday when he graduated. I proudly presented my oldest son with his present only to find out that there was a complete failure of the trigger, hammer, and strike assembly. Upon researching it I found the needed information about the upgrade that was being issued due to the known issue. I called the manufacturer and they informed me it was a known problem and that they would upgrade it without question. I sent it back and I am awaiting the gun being returned (they said about 2 weeks). My next call was to Rural King. I advised them of the issue and that it was a known issue. The store assistant manager at the Greenwood, IN store could not have cared less. I then called the corporate number and was transferred to Jill Adams who was the supposed head of the FFL and firearms for Rural King Corporate. She told me that she was under the impression that all of these particular pistols had been pulled for the upgrade and this one must have "slipped through the cracks" and she said that if I took it to the store they would be happy to send it back to the manufacturer for me. I told her I was already taking care of that myself but I was very upset that they sold me a firearm with a known issue. She offered no further assistance and so I asked for the name and number of the Rural King legal department. She said nothing and hung up the phone. I then called back the corporate number and spoke with the supposed head of legal for Rural King Corporate. He was an arrogant man named Jason. He told me "guns are inherently dangerous," thanked me for bringing this to his attention and that was the end.

I was not looking for anything and never once requested any compensation. I asked for accountability and requested they find a way to rectify a situation without having to wait for the manufacturer to repair the gun and send it back so my son could enjoy his gift. They simply didbt care at all about customer satisfaction.

I urge everyone to never buy another firearm from Rural King. I am hoping that I can get enough proof of gross negligence on their part to have their FFL revoked. I don't ask for much, just not to be treated like I'm the one who did something wrong when they are selling a defective product.

I forgot to mention they sold me the display model because they told me it was the last one and they were not getting any more yet, when I went back into the store a few days later there was another one in the case and the salesman told me they had several.

Ruger is Ruger. I almost expect to have to send back anything Ruger makes.
    On the Bright Side.... Their service department is awesome. It pretty much makes up for quality control slip ups.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So how was your day today BT? The OG and I spent the day running the brush hog and wandering around in the woods.

I divided thenday pretty equally between playing with the dogs and enjoying the beautiful weather on the bike.

I can’t believe Rural King stole that poor man’s wallet.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I divided thenday pretty equally between playing with the dogs and enjoying the beautiful weather on the bike.

I can’t believe Rural King stole that poor man’s wallet.

How do you like the bike re-do?

Plus, extra INGO Points for working wallet into this thread. :)

Top Bottom